JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The current state of Hip-Hop

I used 2 like Nas when he 1st came out....i like maybe half of his 2nd album..but since then i've only liked select singles. I just think he turned his back on the style that got him where he is 2day. Most of his fans these days don't know much about Illmatic which is his best album....period. Since it waz just re-released and remastered w/ a bonus disc, many fans are finding out about real Hip-Hop just now which is good i guess. I don't think he's wack or anything, i just think he's making alot of music that isn't comparable and as meaningful as he can be.

The Current State of Hip Hop? Why even ask. It seems like everyone is complaining, yet somehow, these "ridiculous" acts end up on top. One guy I talked to said "That's all there is 2 buy into." And people always think that becuz Biggie and Pac died, that hip hop's been destroyed. 2 be honest, I think music has been destroyed. All of it. Even country artists "be ballin" like the flashy blingers of hip hop. (well, somewhat anyway).

Don't support these artists becuz the majority does. U shouldn't be afraid 2 say, "Ok, I like these 2 songs, but I'm not really into his/her/their album." We shouldn't overly-support artists we hardly even like. In today's world, it seems like we 4get that things can change 4 the better. And we always got 2 have a specific reason 2 somethin, especially good. If it seems like there is no reason, then it's God. Look at our old times. The Civil Rights Movement. The women's movement, etc, etc. There R quite a selective amount of people who can change the world. And they still learn from others.

Please help those artists grow that R suppose to. And/or become on ya self. From what I've seen, we R all (the people at this JJFP forum), fans of honest music.

Guest lambertj3
Lets get something straight jumping jack everyone is entitled to their own opinion . nothing against you i have been into hip hop since the early eighties, so i do know what i am am talking about, nothing against you just stating my opinion like everyone else on this board. And wild wild williniuem how old are you 12? who died and made you god of hip hop? i know more about hip hop than u do! The only person being ignorant is you acting like you know everything, i just stated my opinion i DONT have to agree with you nor did i say hip hop should , and i have kept an open mind only person who is embarassed is you for making an ignorant comment like you! aND AJ I THINK WHAT YOU JUST SAID ABOUT ME ONLY APPLYS TO YOU NO OFFENSE THOUGH. I have an opinion which dosent have to agree with you or anyone else, if that was the case where everybody was supposed to agree then blacks would still be slaves today! And devilsjim89 r you 10? do you not understand what an opinion is not every body is gonna like what you like son . no offense but when did i say it was built on cursing, violence and such to each his own.

• Admin
but lambert u seem to get pissed off a lot.. we just like to chill man.. its no point getting all worked up about it :ughwerd: surely we can agree to disagree without getting all :cussing: :cussing: