Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Romano338

Miami Salsa Remix

Who named it? It's actually the "Miami Mix" which can be found on most version of the CD single. I was so mad when i found out "Miami" was the next single off the album. To this day it's my least favorite song off of BWS.

salsa...salsa...salsa ..cha cha cha

hahaha i like that remix specially cause Wills flows really fast

I like this version but original Miami is so much better. Miami is my favourite Will's song, I think. It pissed me off when I heard changed third verse in music video because original is better. But thank you for that mix, I like it too.

Definitely not my favourite Will Smith song. There's been so many better tracks but I do like the remix! Not quite sure why he released this as a single over any of the other tracks on Big Willie Style

Guest Adam Blackstock

The answer is easy. Columbia had alot of control. They didn't want Big Willie Style 2 be seen as a Hip-Hop recrod...they wanted it 2 be a pop album. Since alot of the stuff on the radio was so sleek and shiny and made for radio (Puffy, Mase, Jay-Z, etc) "Miami" kinda seems like that Hip-Hop/Pop/Rap radio-ready sure shot. I remember when my local newspaper reviewed BWS, they only mentioned 4 or 5 songs off the album and they talked about "Miami" like it was the best song on the album...it just goes 2 show u.

I'm probably the only one that doesn't like this remix.

I LOVE MIAMI. I think it's one of the hottest rap singles ever. Everyone loves this song. It's so slick. There's many different "eras" in hip-hop and this is great for the times. I can't front on all that flashy pop stuff cause it did work with Will, Will's got such swagga that it's a great fit. That's why Will is one of the most versatile MCs ever..he can do any type of rap.

Yeah you can't argue against "Big Willie Style"'s promotion, it sold 10 million albums, and "Miami"'s definately one of those great songs to bump in the summer.