JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Anonymous meets with Will Smith (at least that's what they say)

Ale

I just thought I had to share this...

Before you say pics or it didn’t happen, there was no way possible for us to take pictures or record what happened at the end of the picket: we met with Will Smith. The Fresh Prince himself came out to speak with us and discuss our concerns and issues.

The other Anons present can name themselves; Hero and I have been faced already, so you’ll see our names here. There were five us for a bit, then four.

Arrived at NVLA around 7:30, signs and fliers (neighbors wanted fliers, not the parents, and so did some kids walking by; one dad with his kids was very upset that Scientology is is his neighborhood and his kid was all excited “are you Anonymous!” yes, and we weren’t wearing masks because we didn’t want to upset the kids at the school). Gave fliers to director of security and Dr Oliver. Guy in SUV slowed pointed camera and we shouted for director of security who waved the guy over and cross-examined him—he is a paparazzo. Honks and slowing traffic for us. Staff of school very nice. About 40 cars pulled in. It was first day of school/orientation. Valet parking. Mostly very expensive cars.

We had told his Director of Security who very nice, professional, warm and not a Sci that we were getting ready to go and he said “If you’re able to wait, Will would like to talk with you, he’s just finishing up inside,” so we waited about five minutes, the director of security went in and we saw Will Smith walking over.

“When I was 10 and listening to DJ Jazzy Jeff, this not how I envisioned I would meet Will Smith,” said Hero, as the man himself strolled up the driveway towards us.

“Hi, I’m Will Smith,” he said, shaking hand with each of us (at least half of us gave our real first names).

“I have a mission statement I’d like to read to you,” he explained. It was handwritten in blue ink on lined notebook paper, and I caught a glimpse of it “At NVLA…” it began, and I said “Great, then we’ll give you one of our fliers,” and he smiled and laughed, “sure, of course, of course.”

“But before that,” we said, “We have some questions and concerns….” And thus SoCal Anon delivered:

We stated our concerns about Scientology in terms of disconnection, RPF and Fair Game. We compared licensing Study Tech and Applied Scholastics to buying blood diamonds.

He explained how study tech had helped his son learn to read and now he loves reading, that the misunderstoods, gradients and mass make sense

“Looking stuff up in a dictionary is nothing new…” he said.

“Nope, Pepys and Johnson,” laughed one Anon, and WS laughed back, “Exactly, we apply classic stuff, Thomas Jefferson’s learning principles.”

He is big on Jefferson and Franklin and thinks the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are two of the greatest documents ever written, and he was able to quote the Declaration to us. He is very sincere about his school. He feels that current public education is a factory, and he wants kids to be able to have true learning experiences.

I was able to say, “I am sure you have been told what a great humanitarian Hubbard is but in fact he was an unindicted co-conspirator in the greatest inflitratration of the us govet. And he never got a medal of valor” Flinch from Smmith. That’s hard to hear.

“Basically treason,” added Hero.

He wanted to incorporate study tech because it worked for his kids. He did NOT license Applied Scholastics or Study Tech when Home Schooling and is checking to make sure that licensing is not occurring now. We pointed out that licensing ST and AP creates a funding stream for Scientology and brought up again RPF disconnection and Fair game.

He assured us that the school has just taken what they like about StudyTech but to be completely transparent they are calling it what it is. It was brought up by Anon that Hubbard was scummy, so does using what he created give credence to the man?

“Let me ask you something,” replied Will. “Did you take the freeway here? Where to think that came from?” We knew the answer “autobahn.” And one Anon mentioned not agreeing with the composer Wagner’s political views, but occasionally enjoying his music.

Smith says that he and Jada have traveled all over five continents looking at educational techniques, and have incorporated them. The co founder of the school is Muslim, staff includes Christians and Jews. He says Tom Cruise is his friend and he has looked in Tom’s eyes and KNOWS Tom wants to help people that he means well (he compared TC to the rabbi at the Simon Weisenthal Center in terms of that degree of dedication).

Will said he had worked very hard to make sure all study materials at the school were secular and had had his pastor at his church (which he named, but out of respect I wont) look at them to make sure they were secular and that no religious agenda was being pushed.

He reacted very strongly and a little confused when asked if he had been audited, used an emeter or done the purif: “I am looking you straight in the eyes. NO! I am NOT a Scientologist.”

He made a point to give us direct eye contact, addressing our questions and assuring us that he would follow through on seeing if they were licensing AppliedScholstics at NVLA, but reiterated that he does not want to license any teaching methods.

We also told him that he might be told that Anon are paid by the German govt, by Big Pharma, even Bill Gates but we are not, that the same passion that drives to create a school for kids with organic food for lunch and very intensive ciriculum (of which we were given copies —about 150 pages of material) is the passion that drives us expose the abuses with in Scientology.

Do I feel we were handled? I came away thinking “We got our signs wiht URLS for ESk and studytech.org seen by the parents, we gave WS info on RPF, disconnection, ESK, LRH that he didn’t have before. We were able to tell him about our own experiences with Fair Game. We were able to hear from him his goals and vision, where he goes to church, him say that he is not a Scientologist and (because we jokingly asked) that there is no sauna and niacin set up for the kids.”

He feels the methods called Study Tech work. He doesn’t want to license AP so he can be free to “sample” and remix some of the aspects with other methods. We discussed that Hubbard’s name attached to Will Smith might lead people into Scientology, and he realized that his promoting Study Tech can be seen as gain to Scientology. He said that if Scientologists tried to come in and tell him how to run his school he’d “do this” making a an elbowing gesture, “as I’d do to anyone.”

He is a very sincere and intelligent, strong willed guy.

Lest you think me star struck or naive, I am not. At all. We weren’t being run. We were being addressed as people willing to discuss an issue important to all parties. Smith is very pro-American Dream (he is a living manifestation of it). He has a vision and curiosity, is open and willing to being informed. Otherwise, last week and today would not have happened.

Oh and for you fashionistas: Will was wearing a light grey suit, a cream shirt which featured wide soft yellow stripes and narrower grey stripes, un buttoned just enough to show the top 1/4 inch of a very expensive wife beater, and super tapered black loafers.

http://forums.enturbulation.org/7-general-...-9-8-nva-28466/

• Members

I dont understand all... but i think what i have to understand is this:

Will said he had worked very hard to make sure all study materials at the school were secular and had had his pastor at his church (which he named, but out of respect I wont) look at them to make sure they were secular and that no religious agenda was being pushed.

He reacted very strongly and a little confused when asked if he had been audited, used an emeter or done the purif: “I am looking you straight in the eyes. NO! I am NOT a Scientologist.”

---

So is this a real story, is this only a thing i ever know.

I like the compared with freeway - autobahn (Hitler). Is not the first time i read and write about something like that. (i make a FAQ about Will is not @ Tology.)

This is fantastic, i never believed he was a scientologist, but when that school came out it made me question it. Then when i found out about study tech i got why Will would use it. Now i totally understand whats going on, i think Wills school is great and i hope the media and anonymous leave him alone now.

• 7 months later...

An apology to Will Smith and the New Village Leadership Academy

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Last updated at 1:08 AM on 19th April 2009

Contrary to saying last week that the New Village Leadership Academy in Los Angeles is a Church of Scientology school in fact we are assured that the academy, founded by the actor Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, is secular, with no religious affiliation and welcomes children from all backgrounds.

Apologies for our misunderstanding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...y.html?ITO=1490

An apology to Will Smith and the New Village Leadership Academy

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Last updated at 1:08 AM on 19th April 2009

Contrary to saying last week that the New Village Leadership Academy in Los Angeles is a Church of Scientology school in fact we are assured that the academy, founded by the actor Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, is secular, with no religious affiliation and welcomes children from all backgrounds.

Apologies for our misunderstanding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...y.html?ITO=1490

What are the chances that this will be ignored by those who want to push the "Will Smith is a Scientologist" agenda... The guy's charitable contributions are scrutinized, he's been accused of things left and right... people will believe what they want to believe, regardless of whether it's illogical or foolish.