JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fat Joe and Game Show Unity Between Coasts On Album Release Date

bigted

http://www.mtv.com/news/#/news/artic...game_the.jhtml

NEW YORK — It wasn't about East Coast vs. West Coast or young vs. old — it was about unity in hip-hop, period.

The Game and Fat Joe came together on Tuesday (November 14) in the heart of Times Square at the Virgin Megastore to buy each other's LPs, both of which dropped Tuesday. Joey Crack took home at least 10 copies of Game's The Doctor's Advocate (see "Game Says Song On New LP Makes Him 'The One-Man N.W.A' "), and Game did the same for Joe's Me, Myself and I (see "Fat Joe On September Release: 'Bet The Kitchen Sink On Me' ").

Before entering the store, Game came from one corner, Joe from another, and both MCs met in the middle and held each other's hands up like two champions.

"I need more copies. Get me about 10 more," Game said later at the cash register. He stood next to Joe surrounded by fans, the media and several kids dressed in doctor's scrubs (doctor's advocates, apparently).

"We're here supporting each other's music," Joe added. "We touching the town. It's legendary; it's unity in hip-hop. I support the Game. His album is a classic. Y'all need to go out there and get that. It's like Christmas right now."

"Joe is the King of New York," Game jumped in. "We holdin' it down, going dumb on the album."

Afterward, Joe headed over to hip-hop station Hot 97 for an interview, while Game went across the street to a phone company's display stage on the sidewalk. He took pictures and signed autographs. It got so crazy outside that Nas, who was making his way to visit the MTV offices, had a little trouble navigating through the traffic.

"Yeah, it was wild outside," Nas said. "They're out there doing it."

I'd imagine if the article said Fat Joe and Game diss each other everyone would run to this thread :lol:

That is good to see, I'm sure artists like them don't need to go out and buy albums themselves, but they are doing it to support each other and unite hip-hop, props to both of them.

Hopefully they both go platinum 'cause both albums are fire, I picked up both yesterday

Game got much more hype right now, that's to be expected, Fat Joe's basically just promoting the album himself so he'll probably go gold like Ice Cube did at best

Yeah sales ain'treally important to Fat Joe, he put out a great album which is the most important thing, probably his best since "Don Cartegena", he really stepped up his game here,

Game got all that hype 'cause people been anticipating his album ever since his feud with G Unit over a year ago but it does live up to the hype, I actually had some doubts but he proved that he's in the rap game to stay, 2006 has been a great year for hip-hop from a quality standpoint, a lot of great music been coming out

Edited by bigted