JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SLUM VILLAGE + DJ JAZZY JEFF "I DON'T KNOW"

For those of u not familiar with the track. Slum Village's debut album Fantastic: Vol. 2 has a track called "I Don't Know" that features DJ Jazzy Jeff scratching all over it. It's a bouncy Hip-Hop track that waz actually a single. If u've never checked it out...do yourself and check the song out...and Slum Village 4 that matter.

Anyways, after seeing unathorized copies of their unreleased album, Fantastic: Vol. 1. They released a semi-official version of the album this year right after Jay Dee aka J-Dilla passed away. I scooped it up with the quickness and waz actually kinda disappointed when i heard the original version of "I Don't Know" which doesn't have Jazzy on it. After 7 years of thinking Jeff masterminded those James Brown samples in2 the song, i waz actually upset 2 find out the samples were already there and that literally, Jeff did waz scratch over the track and that it waz remastered 4 the actual release.

Oh well, a dope collabo none the less.