JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kenn Starr - Starr Status!

Hero1

• Admin

this is jjfp community fam!!

KENN STARR - STARR STATUS

DEBUT ALBUM DUE OUT ON AUGUST 29TH ON HALFTOOTH RECORDS!!

A combination of braggadocio and introspection, realism and imagination, wordplay and lyricism, all balanced out with a dash of humor. This is what best describes Kenn Starr, a self-proclaimed MC’s emcee. Hailing from Virginia and currently residing in Maryland, Kenn Starr is looking to put Maryland along with the D.C. metro area on the map as a slept-on goldmine of talent. Starr found his craft when he penned his first rhyme at the age of ten. Over the next decade, Starr established himself as one of Hip-Hop’s top underground emcees, recording with such artists as Talib Kweli, Little Brother, Kev Brown and J-Live, among others. Also renowned for his live skills, Starr’s versatile style and quick wit have earned him performances with Hip-Hop legends such as KRS-One, Freddie Foxxx, and Jean Grae in landmark venues including Washington, D.C.’s 9:30 Club and the Knitting Factory in New York City.

Since the release of his hit debut single “If” featuring Talib Kweli and Asheru (produced by Oddisee) b/w “Walk The Walk” (produced by Kev Brown) in 2004 on Halftooth Records, and following his recent stand-out performances and classic quotable verses on albums such as Halftooth Record’s You Don’t Know The Half, Wordsworth’s Mirror Music, Kev Brown’s I Do What I Do, The Foreign Exchange’s Connected, and Cesar Comanche’s The Squirrel And The Aces, press, DJs, fans and the Hip-Hop community as a whole have been anxiously awaiting the debut solo album from Kenn Starr. This time has finally come, and the first single off of his debut album Starr Status hit airwaves and record stores in July, receiving widespread praise and attention and becoming an instant DJ favorite. “Against The Grain,” the first single off of Starr Status, is produced by beatmaker extraordinaire, Illmind. According to Kenn Starr, “‘Against The Grain’ is a reintroduction of sorts. For those that don’t know me, it’s lettin’ them vibe with my style a bit, and lettin’ them know who I am and what I’m about. For those who are already familiar with me, it’s lettin’ them know that I’ve remained focused and haven’t lost a step since the last time they heard me.” The single’s B-side includes the blazing tracks “Waitin’ On You” (produced by Khrysis) and “Back At It Again” featuring Median and M-Phazes (produced by M-Phazes).

Starr Status, which hits stores on August 29th, is a triumphant display of Kenn Starr’s extraordinary mic skills, witty charm and down-to-earth personality. On Starr Status, Kenn Starr appeals to the masses by telling stories and sharing personal experiences and feelings that anyone can relate to. According to Starr, “With Starr Status, I feel I’m bringing a fresh new perspective on the everyday trials and tribulations of a regular guy tryin’ to balance all of life’s demands.” In true Hip-Hop form, Starr Status also contains undeniable street anthems with tracks like “Middle Fingaz,” “Against The Grain” and the classic head-nodding track “Back At It Again,” which, according to Starr, “serves as the official introduction of Median as the newest member of the Halftooth family. That in itself is a monumental event, so I wanted to do a joint that sounded big and thematic to match that vibe.”

With the streets already buzzing about Kenn Starr’s official mixtape, The Starr Report, as well as the bangers “Against The Grain,” “Waitin’ On You” and “Back At It Again,” and now with the forthcoming release of Starr Status, Kenn Starr is ready to officially cement his reputation as one of Hip-Hop’s most gifted and charismatic lyricists as well as one of its brightest stars.

http://www.okayplayer.com/nowhearthis/nht_kennstarr.html