JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Dreamweaver Help

WesSyde

this question is directed mainly at Tim, but if anyone else uses dreamweaver that can help feel free to assist me

i have a web template that i created. the link color for the menu/navigation is yellow because i have a dark background behind it

the editable region of my template where i add my content is white, therefore i want the links in the editable region to be a different color (yellow doesnt look good). i can't find a way to keep my navigation links yellow while making my content links white. the link colors are applied using CSS. i assume i can make different "classes" of my css where i put the color and then apply that by using the class ID to the section of text i want to be affected, but i just cant figure it out. help me!!!! i've included a snapshot of the layout so you can see where the white content area is where i want a different link color to be applied

post-408-1145675231_thumb.jpg

*note: the reason why the top menu link color is different than the body link color in the pic is because the top menu links have all been visited and the content links havent

whew, i finally got it. the easiest way was to create a separate css file rather than trying to import the code in there. man dreamweaver is intense! its about 10x more complicated than front page 2000

Yea, oftentimes, when you want to get things exacty as you would like, you're going to have to create multiple css files to specify those settings for those specific regions. Dreamweaver isn't too bad though. Once you get the hang of it, it makes things a lot easier, and it's always fun to experiment. If you really want to challenge yourself, start creating things in flash. That's the best program ever.

whew, i finally got it. the easiest way was to create a separate css file rather than trying to import the code in there. man dreamweaver is intense! its about 10x more complicated than front page 2000

Yea, oftentimes, when you want to get things exacty as you would like, you're going to have to create multiple css files to specify those settings for those specific regions. Dreamweaver isn't too bad though. Once you get the hang of it, it makes things a lot easier, and it's always fun to experiment. If you really want to challenge yourself, start creating things in flash. That's the best program ever.

yeah i had the idea correct about specifying different regions, i just couldn't remember how to actually write out the script in css. it turns out its something like a.link:region... which is where i had problems. i just happened to stumble upon a css template where it was written out and that was very helpful

i will have to try out flash in the future when i become more familiar with my dreamweaver and website skills altogether