JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL SMITH IN PARADE

I'm not sure how this mini-magazine, Parade, is published, but it's part of my Sunday parper every week. Todays has none other than the Freshests of Princes on the cover. The article isn't that long, but it basically talks about how Will turns doubt and fear around in2 positive energy 2 accomplish things in life. I'll try 2 post more about soon (notably when it's not almost 3 in the morning).

• Admin
NEW YORK - In Will Smith's new sci-fi thriller, "I, Robot," his character drives a motorcycle. But in real life, Smith says he's driven by fear.

"What people believe is my self-confidence is actually my reaction to fear," he tells Parade magazine in its July 11 issue. "All it takes is just one person telling me I can't do it, and I'll use the fear of failure as fuel."

In the article, Smith recounts a day in Jamaica when he was about 20 years old, watching people jump off a high cliff into the ocean.

"I can't swim, and I was terrified," he said. "So for about three minutes, I stood there, thinking, `This is ridiculous.' Then I jumped off the cliff, feet first, and went in the water."

Now 35, Smith has lived through going broke, after making millions, and a failed marriage. He's had success in music, television and film, and has been married to actress-singer Jada Pinkett Smith since 1997.

"I keep going because I doubt myself," he said. "It drives me to be better. I've learned that the mastery of self-doubt is the key to success."

"I, Robot" opens in movie theaters Friday.

theres somethin from that article