JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Good Idea

Mike

If any of you have heard the cd "the greay album" you will know that it is amazing!! and i thought to myself. insted of jay-z and the beatles...why not mos def and jimi hendrix?!?

now really the point of this was just to share my idea. i know that nobody will attempt to do this cause it is soooo time consuming and most likely will not want to do it. and most likely not a fan of jimi hendrix..but i mean if you did and it was very good i would pay for it hahah. my ideal idea was to get this project out to danger mouse...or danger doom...whatever he is now. i dont know how i would do that cause i have no connections.

but thats not that the reason on this thread, its more to share my idea....but if you had info to contact or could do it thats awesome....i kinda sound like a loretto (i.e. if you know how to contact him)

tracks i thought might soung good together are

JIMI HENDRIX--------MOS DEF

crosstown traffic-------sex love and money

little wing------love

the wind cries mary------the panties

purple haze----------ms fat booty

all along the watch tower------blue black jack

castle made of sand-------UMI says

freedom--------hip hop

manic depression-----------close edge

i would name the cd "the new black experiance''

--kinda like "the new danger" "black on both sides" and "the jimi hendrix experiance"

if they were mixed the right way they would sound AMAZING.......but i know this is just a high hope

Edited by WILL IS ILL

You'd probably have to do some serious searching for both sides. It sounds like an amazing idea. What exactly is "The Gray Album"?

You should probably try Danger's myspace. I think it's doom. I have Hendrix's "Watchtower" track, and the only reason I made of a loop of that beat for myself was becuz of how I heard the opening on "Tupac: Ressurrection". I thought it would sound nice to rap over.

What make you think of Mos Def + Jimi Hendrix as a combination?

i was kinda just going through my music and saw jimi hendrix and just thought like 'this would be cool to mix with some rapper' and i thought of maybe common or kweli or nas but mos def fits better cuase he has the experimental sound on his tracks, especially the new danger. which would make it fit better.

thanks for the info about the myspace....its his? or a fans

oh and the grey album is jay z(black album) mixed with the beatles(white album)

(black and white make grey)

ITS SO AMAZING!!!....seriously its better than the black album and the most impressive production i have ever heard..download the tracks on limewire on something cause i dont think they sell the cd anymore cause of copyright issues

Edited by WILL IS ILL

Yellow and Blue make Green.

Silly FuQ, everyone know's that when you're dealing with mixing light, yellow and blue make white! Just check MSPaint!

Hmm, I coulda swore I used to be funny...

Anyway, I like the idea Ill, that could turn out very well! There's some talented folks that have put up mixes around here, maybe one of them will take an interest in the idea. I'd sure love to hear the end result.

I found the Hendrix instrumental "Little Wing".

Are you doing this "Mos Def Acapellas to Hendrix Instrumentals" Hendrix Acapella to Mos Def Instrumentals or what?

could you put it up or rapidshare or whatever you like to use.

i dont get the whole color thing you were saying...

but im gonna start to work on it myself even though it wont be that good....at least until someone else picks the project up

Edited by WILL IS ILL

• Members

if you had a cd mixer couldnt you do it easy juss get hedrix and mos def it would work wouldnt it if not juss get hendrix instrimentles and mos def accupella im sure you could buy them online if you were serious about making it because once mixed quickly you could fine toon it and perfect it quicker

im using Magix Music studio and i think this would actually be pretty good to do it.............

I made the complete track list.....now to make it...........

HENDRIX---------DEF

stone free----------fear not of man

purple haze--------ms fat booty

fire---------speed law

the wind cries mary------the panties

they joe----------brookyln

all along the watch tower-------blue black jack

crosstown traffic ---------sex love money

manic depression----------close edge

little wing------------love

Foxey lady---------ms fat booty (i know i have ms fat booty twice, ill use which sounds better)

Castles made of sand--------UMI says

Voodoo Child----------Bedstuy Parade and Funeral March

Freedom----------Hip Hop

Night Flying Bird---------New World Water

Edited by WILL IS ILL