JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Public Enemy Europe Tour

bigted

What up y'all I figure I'd post this since there are a lot of Europe peeps on this board and some might be PE fans so check out the schedule for their brief Europe tour this week promoting their new album "New Whirl Odor" I found just reading Chuck D's terrordome on Public Enemy.com:

http://www.publicenemy.com/index.php?page=page3

"All this and rolling into PE 54th tour To Europe, starting in PARIS ending in LONDON November 16th ...my obstacle people is to block everything out for a couple days and memorize A few new songs off NWO...

THurs 10.11.05 Elysee Montmartre, Paris, France.

Fri 11.11.05 Rockefeller, Oslo, Norway.

Sat 12.11.05 DAY OFF (Travel day)

Sun 13.11.05 Mondo, Stockholm, Sweden.

Mon 14.11.05 013, Tilburg, The Netherlands.

Tue 15.11.05 The Village, Dublin, Ireland.

Wed 16.11.05 The Forum, London, UK."

He also posted the release dates for "New Whirl Odor" to drop worldwide, it already dropped here in this US on November 1st, it's a dope album y'all should check it out:

"The following release dates for PE in Europe alone are;

Italy : november 14th

Spain : november 21st

Portugal : november 14th

Switzerland : november 7th

Germany : November 4th

Austria : November 4th

Poland : November 7th

Benelux : November 1st

Greece : November 21st

Australia / Nea Zealand : November 14th

Japan / SE Asia : December 5th

Followed by massive press that clears roads for independent movement.."

yeh they were on TRL UK the other day... they wern't very kind with their words about 50 cent either

If you read some of Chuck D's terrordomes you'd see that he takes quite a few shots at 50 Cent, anyway I found a review of the album from Entertainment Weekly, it comes with a bonus DVD too with some videos, good stuff:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review/music/...54_4_0_,00.html

Music Review

New Whirl Odor

Public Enemy

Reviewed by Tom Sinclair

NOT SO 'NEW' Public Enemy is back

With so many current rappers opting for partying over politics, it's refreshing to hear Public Enemy frontman Chuck D's stentorian voice hectoring, indicting, and pontificating on New Whirl Odor like it was 1989 all over again. As usual, the noisy, intermittently funky beats — not to mention some characteristically zany trash-talking from the irrepressible Flavor Flav — help lodge preachy tracks like ''Check What You're Listening To'' in your memory bank. And what other group would open an album with a spoken endorsement from the Rev. Al Sharpton? Grade: B