JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FuQ - One Verse Freestyle

mfuqua23

As if I was even out, it sure felt like I was. Major ill feeling in the me as to why and how I rap. A lil bit of an adjustment, had enough of the old spits. And on top of that, I finally made my own beat. It's a very big deal to me, because I thought I could never do it. It's basic and laid back. But enjoy it if ya can, and I'm lookin for major feedback. On the beat, the lyrics, the composure of the freestyle, or if U just got something to say, let loose.

FuQ - One Verse Freestyle

I don't know how long it will be up, so grab it will U can. (if U really want to)

Peace!

edit: it's now up HERE for good

Edited by mfuqua23

i like it alot man, good job. it has a REAL good flow to it. Easy to listen to. :2thumbs:

EDIT:

The beat in the background is really good, you made it? i thought it was some track you found and rapped to it.

The lyrics are awesome, i love them. And you say them like your a pro, no stalling or anything like that.

Seroiusly man this is really really good.

EDIT 2:

Can you get me the lyrics to that? I cant belive thats a freestyle man thats so awesome. make another but longer

Edited by WILL IS ILL

Lyrics for "Freestyle"

Intro: I got things on my mind man

Gotta express myself

Release this, know I'm sayin'; someone watch behind my back

Get that feelin'

Tired of this man, somethings gotta change, I need money now

so it's going down

Yeah

One Verse

I just need, one verse to express my feelins

whether it's 16 or I make it a million

Yo, here I go sittin on the stool

Reciting lyrics on my mic, I ain't no fool

Lookin out at the crowds that just seem to laugh out loud

in they're minds, and I can sense the ignorance...

What am I gonna do to get past this?

It's like a line and I done crossed it

Ya think I'm gonna be employed and I got bossed it

Ya tryna control me, but I ain't a Bostwick of Tommy Pickles

I got mine to hit U, or to take it back to cartoons I consume

Gimmie a room for my mind to expand

so I can understand I'm standing like a man

I'll be 19 August 2nd

and see if I can be bigger and pose the question

of basic deficit, my mind is cursed

but I just had to, at least expressed the verse

for one time, Yo, 20s the lines

and I feel just fine for releasing my mind

The lyrics are pretty cool for a freestyle! (were you making them up as you went along?) At times it seemed as if you were fading in and out! But overall it was cool!

The beat was ok as well. It is very repetative and I think it needs more happening in it. Maybe more of a melody. But for your first beat thats cool! You can only get better and better.

What did you use to make the beat. Was it a 'drag and drop' type of process of did you compose it completely?

The freestyle was exactly what it was, a freestyle. I did make it up as I went along. I was gonna stop after I said 'Tommy Pickles', but I decided to leave it be. I sure anybody who has seen Rugrats remembers the episode where Grandpa loses him and old ladies keep and name him after their father, Bostwick.

Yes, I thought so too, but I just went ahead and tested it. I used Fruity Loops. Not exactly a lot of hip hop sounds. I did it all myself. All I had was the differents sounds. The rhythms were mine.

I'm just glad I finally did, becuz it's a new beginning.

The lyrics are pretty cool for a freestyle! (were you making them up as you went along?)  At times it seemed as if you were fading in and out!  But overall it was cool!

The beat was ok as well.  It is very repetative and I think it needs more happening in it.  Maybe more of a melody.  But for your first beat thats cool!  You can only get better and better...

:yeahthat: I liked your flow on that soul, very laid back, you stumbled a lil' bit one moment in the freestyle but then you picked it up well, the lyrics were dope as usual, and you did a nice job with making your 1st beat, it's a start, keep it up man! :wink: