JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MARQUES HOUSTON - NAKED

Of course i'm gonna be taking sides cuz i've been down with Immature since 1992 and grew up with them thru' their music. But i'm in love with Marques' new album. It's straight R-N-B and all the young fellaz like myself will be able 2 relate 2 the whole album. Here's my mini-review 4 those who are interested in it.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU - This is the 1st single most of u have heard. It's a R-N-B/Hip-Hop track. The song releates perfectly 2 what i've been goin' thru' in the last few months. It's about a guy who lost his way in a relationship and he's since fixed his head and he's desperate 2 get his girl back. Fellow Immature/Imx member Young Rome pops in with a rap taking the song 2 the next level.

SEX WITH YOU - Thumpin' slow/mid tempo song. The song isn't tastefull and nasty, but u can tell what it's about just by the title. Great vocals.

MARRIAGE - This a great song. Another one i totally feel lyrically. He's saying how much he loves a girl that he's been with for ages but that he's not ready 2 get married. Beautiful but simple R-N-B sound.

12 O'CLOCK - This one is club joint. The production is good but a bit single. It's MH who takes it 2 the next level with sing-song-rap style. Typical party lyrics. Joe Budden pops up on the track. However, his appearance on this track dosen't makes sense like it did on their HUGE hit "Clubbin.'"

NAKED - This is the title track. Slow and sexy solid R-N-B sound 2 it. Marques' vocal approach 2 the song is very soulful and mature...yet it slightly reminds me of Immature/Imx type stuff...which is a good thing. He's tastefully talking about anticipating getting really close 2 a girl...mentally and physically.

DO YOU MIND - Another slow one about getting intmate with a lady. Classy "drop drop" sound 2 the song. U'll know what i mean if u hear it.

CHEAT - Scattery mid-tempo R-N-B joint. The song is about how he's unfaithful 2 his girl and that he dosen't wanna be that way, but he is. The sound of this song actually reminds me of Michael Jackson's new stuff.

I WASN'T READY - This track is also produced by the up and coming Corner Boyz porduction team (who also did "All Because of You"). Another dope one. Uptempo yet smooth R-N-B song. He sings about not being ready 4 a serious relationship...but now he is, even tho' it could be 2 late. Just a dope song.

SOMETHING ELSE - Uptempo joint. Unique sounds tossed in2 the mix. This track is about a girl who's on his mind that did him wrong. Overall, he's dumpin' the huney...ha ha.

I LIKE IT - This a club banger. RaRa, who appeared on Imx's 2000 album shows up on the track. He sounds alot older and scarier. Nasty kinda song about pickin' up the oppisite sex.

EVERYTHING - Back 2 the sweet R-N-B slow/mid tempo stuff. Just a beautiful love song. Great track.

If u get this album at Circuite City by Saturday, it'll be on sale for $9.99. There is an explict lyrics sticker on it but there's pretty much no bad language on it. Either way, there is and edited version (that u wont even know is edited) available.

Yeah, it just came out this Tuesday in the US. I knew Da Brakes would either have the album or at least be interested in it. I don't know if i'd say this album is better than his 1st...but it's at least pretty close. I like the way this one has fewer uptemo joints. The production of the slow and mid-tempo trax always seem 2 be a step higher than the uptempo jams from TUG.

Ha...i just like 2 put the info out there 4 people. We all have different opinions so if it might be a risk picking up an album, i HIGHLY suggest peeping the music out in music stores or on the internet.