JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

USHER: RHYTHM CITY

I just picked up Usher's new DVD "Rhythem City: Volume One - Caught Up." U've probably have seen the short film that features a storyline based around the songs Caught Up, Red Light, Seduction, and Take You Hand. That's the main feature, along with his other Confessions videos (Yeah, Burn, Confessions Pt. II, My Boo, Caught Up). If u are an Usher fan, this is a must.

However, my main reason 4 getting this waz for the bonus CD. It's features 4 new trax!! Here's a review...

DOT COM

This song is a super sexy, ultra slow song. It's creative and kinda silly. It mixes computer/technology as nasty/freaky metaphor. I waz with my friend when i bought this and i popped it in the CD player. I'm tellin' u, she melted in the passenger seat. I waz good tho'...i stayed on the driver's side with the seat belt on. Robin Thicke co-wrote and produced the song as well as helped out on the background vocals.

DON' THE MOST

This a sweet love song. The music is beautiful. Usher...well, most of u agree that he's got skillz...so there's nothing lacking on this song. Just a great love song. Jimmy Jam + Terry Lewis produced this one.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

This is a retro-feeling uptempo track. He's talking 2 a girl about how he has mixed feelings 4 her. I've only heard it once or twice so i'm not confident on the storyline. But one of them messed up or they both did and they are at a place where they need 2 find out if it's over or not. Another Jam + Lewis joint.

WHAT YOU NEED

This is an unlisted bonus track. It's produced by Jermaine Dupri, but u'd never guess by the sound (even tho' there are extreemly turned down adlibs from him in the back). This is a chunky, funky, upbeat joint. Kinda pimpish...Usher's tryna woo a lady in this one.

For the other Usher fans, this is another must-have. I've grown up with his stuff and he's been bringing music 4 us young males in a way not many other artists are. The quality of his stuff is always consitent...somewhere between 'good' and 'dope' everytime.