JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJ+FP mention?

Guest Prince

Guest Prince
'Sup y'all.

I was listening to Linkin Park's CD Re-Animation yesterday (a remix album of their first album, Hybrid Theory) and in the track RNW@Y one of them says "... and Jazzy J., they paved the way". I can't make out what they say before that, and am not sure if it's just a random underground DJ. Anyone know?

:peace:

I did a bit of 'Googling' and:

I came up with two lyrics for this part of the track:

[quote]...How dare you forget about Bam and Zulu Two urban jazz DJ's they paved the way Let me...[/quote]and

[quote]...How dare you forget about Bam and Zue Lue Cool Herc and [color=red]Jazzy J[/color]. They paved the way Let me...[/quote]

I'm not sure, what do you think?

Jonny5

PS: This is the search I did: [url="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22linkin+park%22+%22they+paved+the+way%22"]here.[/url] Edited by Jonny 5

Even though that verse was spit by Phoenix Orion, i wouldn't put it behind Mike Shinoda to be a Fan of Jazzy Jeff. if you listen to some of his verses(Relating to the same subject) he really knows of the Hip Hop before him, and has a whole lot of respect for it.

and yea, it's the 2nd one "Cool herc and Jazzy J, they Paved the way".

My friends a Linkin Park fan and played me that track to see what i thought. I think they are actually on about another DJ called JazzyJay who started off allitlle beforw JJ+FP got famous.