JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PETE ROCK & COMMON

https://rockthebells.com/articles/common-and-pete-rock-drop-wise-up/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0i9jJz_GjTVo_1FPkLjwOd6I1oqgRFgOoB2VsU0Q37M2XpN5oXuezu2DA_aem_AbLy-I_CwoqmXaK5bmHc9vkbD5ePL9IAKjrhI4bKoB6IEbgN2cre_FjU36Tv2HKXjYumD52LxZtCp3_7ygqfRKPi

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO FOR COMMON AND PETE ROCK'S 'WISE UP', FROM THEIR UPCOMING COLLABORATIVE ALBUM

By Jay Quan

Published Wed, May 22, 2024 at 8:00 AM EDT

Common and Pete Rock have released "Wise Up", the first video from their eagerly awaited upcoming collaborative project. The video was shot at several urban areas, including Allah School In Mecca at 2122 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd in New York City. "Wise Up" features Common spitting in classic form over a piano heavy Pete Rock track that contains an interpolation of MC Shan and Marley Marls 1986 classic "The Bridge".

Common spoke about the upcoming project last year with MSNBC host Ari Melber. "I've been listening to a lot of '90s Hip-Hop recently because I'm working on a new album with Pete Rock," he said. "The energy of that music whether it's Brand Nubian, A Tribe Called Quest, or De La Soul, who just got their music on streaming, it's inspiring to hear. I'm creating music and I'm in a great space right now."

“You ever miss that feeling of a good release in Hip Hop?” Pete captioned from a HipHopDX article’s screenshot on Instagram. “Remember how exciting that felt??? We both excited as a mafugga. I always feel like I got something to prove but its just fun to me to make music. Competing to make good music with all the different personalities involved today just gotten dry. We love hip hop and you will know just how much. Stay tuned!!!"

• 2 weeks later...