JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MARTIN LAWRENCE SAYS OSCAR SLAP WON'T IMPACT HIM AND WILL SMITH MAKING A NEW BAD BOYS FILM

Martin Lawrence Says Oscar Slap Won’t Impact Him And Will Smith Making A New Bad Boys Film

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence

Martin Lawrence has confirmed that “Bad Boys 4” is still in the works after production was halted due to Will Smith assaulting Chris Rock.

Comedian and box office titan Martin Lawrence says that the now notorious Will Smith slap at the Oscars will not stop the two from starring in the highly anticipated “Bad Boys 4” movie.

Says “With Dr. Dre Or Without Dr. Dre, I Was Gonna Be Great.”
logo_10898.png?cbuster=1625482684

Martin also said the franchise had been one of the most pivotal associations of his life. While thinking about the 1995 movie that started it all, he said, “It was big.”

“For us to come together and prove that we can deliver, and we can pull people into the box office – that two Black stars, two sitcom stars, could make money at the box office [was huge]… I didn’t go to college, so I felt TV was my college years,” Martin Lawrence said in Ebony magazine’s July issue. “I felt with movies, I had graduated; it was just different.”

But what is not different is his relationship with his friend and co-star, Will Smith.

Will Smith has been ridiculed over the last few months after striking comedian Chris Rock during the live broadcast of the Academy Awards, the first to be produced by a Black man, Will Packer.

Pre-production on “Bad Boys 4” was halted indefinitely after Will Smith assaulted Chris Rock. AllHipHop.com covered the backlash, noting that since the incident, Will Smith has retreated in a chance to heal from whatever prompted him to lash out at the host.

Still, Martin Lawrence has his boy’s back, saying there will be another “Bad Boys” film. Ebony quoted the comedian confirming, “We got one more at least.”

The “Bad Boys” franchise of movies is big business. “Bad Boys” made $141 million worldwide at the box office when it was released in 1995. 

The sequel, “Bad Boys II,” earned $242 million when released in July of 2003.

And the third installment, “Bad Boys For Life,” raked in almost $430 million in global ticket sales.

https://allhiphop.com/news/martin-lawrence-says-oscar-slap-wont-impact-him-and-will-smith-making-a-new-bad-boys-film/?fbclid=IwAR0NpljX-wQaG5KIRJ7JcrZAial5Z5UoerHyf-CtK-V-xGnK82htjRtIcwk

• 1 year later...
  • Members

It's great to hear that Martin Lawrence and Will Smith are moving forward with "Bad Boys 4" despite the Oscars incident. Their successful partnership in the "Bad Boys" franchise has been a significant part of their careers, and fans will likely be excited for another installment., if you have a film enthusiast in your life who's graduating, you could consider gifting them movie-related memorabilia, a collection of classic films, or even a cinema gift card for a night out at the movies to celebrate their achievement.

Edited by Lily Elliott