JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL COOL J NOT RUSHING NEW ALBUM

This isn't long or anything but it's good 2 read. I can't wait for the new album. Exit 13 isn't even 2 years old yet so I wouldn't want him to rush it. My main issue with Exit 13 is that I felt he did compromise with the stuff on the radio. So reading what he said in this sounds like he doing things right. Thank goodness we got this album to look forward to.

------------------------------------------------------

LL Cool J Not Rushing Next Album
Thursday, 08 July 2010 | Written by Jason

Hip Hop vet LL Cool J recently talked about his post-retirement album saying he isn't rushing to get it finished. "I'm starting to think about it and I am going to do it," he told Extra when asked about a possible musical comeback. "The key is for me is that when I do it, it has to be really important and it has to be something original. It can't be me trying to sound like what's acceptable because this is what is played on the radio today because that is so tired and boring and no one really cares about it...It has to be something with some substance and some depth...Until I can create that kind of record I'm not putting anything out. I don't care how many years it takes."

Thanks for that post AJ, I like "Exit 13" a lot and I'm looking forward to the new album since LL's one of the few remaining true artists in hip hop that knows how to make great songs

Good! Take some time (but not too much like Will Smith LOL) and make some quality music, the last album was at most half quality tracks and it was obvious he wanted to adapt to "whats hot", esp with the number of guests, take some time, get with Timbaland and Ryan Leslie again and make some magic.

I wanna see him work with Marley Marl, Rick Rubin, Neptunes, and even the Trackmasters who produced a lot of smooth tracks during the "Mr. Smith" era

I'm with you on that! This should be the album that LL Cool J and Fresh Prince finally work together. I'm tempted to start a Facebook cause on this! If I did, would you guys support it. This would be a good time to push the return of the Fresh Prince again. We've kinda let it die.

I'm with you on that! This should be the album that LL Cool J and Fresh Prince finally work together. I'm tempted to start a Facebook cause on this! If I did, would you guys support it. This would be a good time to push the return of the Fresh Prince again. We've kinda let it die.

I'd definatly support it.

I'm down to support it too, I've been waiting forever for my 2 favorite mcs to collab!!