JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

T-BOZ OPENS UP ABOUT BRAIN TUMOR

T-Boz Opens Up About Brain Tumor

Posted by Karu F. Daniels on Oct 2nd 2009 6:00PM

Filed under: Music, Movies, Television, News, Celeb Updates

Comments (6)

With HP wireless printers, you could have printed this from any room in the house. Live wirelessly. Print wirelessly.

PRINTE-MAIL|SHARE TLC CrazySexyCool

News is spreading like wildfire about TLC singer T-Boz's revelation that she battled a brain tumor.

The 39-year-old Grammy Award winner told People magazine that she waged that battle in secret for three years.

In the Oct. 12 edition of the magazine she revealed having a 7-hour surgical procedure back in 2006 during which doctors peeled the tumor away from the brain stem.

The divorced single mother of one said she was battling the tumor during her stint on Donald Trump's popular reality competition 'Celebrity Apprentice,' but didn't want to make it known to the public: "I didn't want pity - I was there to help sick children." On the most recent season of the series, which comedienne Joan Rivers ultimately won, T-Boz (born: Tionne Watkins) competed to help raise funds for the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia. (As a child, she was diagnosed with the life-long blood disorder.)

Named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People of the World" by the magazine, in 1994 and 2000, T-Boz said that people are "shocked" when she tells them the news, but added "I won't let you feel sorry for me."