JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith, Posh, Renée Pay Tribute to Tom Cruise

Ale

By Brian Orloff

Originally posted Monday May 05, 2008 05:30 PM EDT

smith_cruise2_240.jpg

The second part of Tom Cruise's sit-down with Oprah Winfrey aired Monday – and the actor looked back over his 25-year career with a little help from his friends and costars.

On the show, Winfrey gifted audience members with a box set of the actor's flicks, and showed off choice clips from his movies while the actor recounted his career. "I feel at home on that movie set," he told Winfrey. "A lot of times I show up before the crew. And I feel this is what I'm supposed to do."

And his friends concur.

Throughout the show, former costars like Will Smith, Renée Zellweger and friends David and Victoria Beckham recorded sweet and funny tributes. Here are some of the top moments:

Will Smith: "There's not a single piece of press ... a single image in the 25 years of his career that gets anywhere near capturing who he is."

Jada Pinkett-Smith: Jokingly says, "Stuff I want people to know, I can't say!" Seriously speaking, she says, "Nothing that he's done professionally holds a candle to who he is as a human being – and that's real."

Renée Zellweger: "I didn't need to conjure motivation to say that line," she says about her famous line, "You had me at 'hello'" from Jerry Maguire. "I walked in and there he was."

Victoria Beckham: "[Tom and Katie] really know how to have a laugh." The singer also revealed that she went to Jerry Maguire on her first date with David Beckham.

Jamie Foxx: The Collateral costar joked that after crashing a car for a scene in the film, "Tom Cruise is bouncing around in the backseat. I really understood how less of a star I was when they jumped in the car and they said, 'Jamie, move! Tom, are you OK?'"

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20197974,00.html