JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ Jazzy Jeff Entertains Fans of ‘Fresh Prince’ Reruns

Ale

jazzyjeffty6.jpg

DJ Jazzy Jeff. At the Rose Center for Earth and Space.

That’s right: On Friday night, DJ Jazzy Jeff (the Fresh Prince sidekick) spun records at the Rose Center for Earth and Space (in the American Museum of Natural History). The set, part of a new monthly series called "One Step Beyond," featured retro rock, R&B, and rap hits, and some Euro new wave, and was predictably hilarious. The young crowd, presumably composed of fans of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reruns, danced to everything from “Rapper’s Delight” to Kanye West’s “Flashing Lights.” And then there were the Retro Kids, an enthusiastic eight-man crew of Run D.M.C.–styled look-alikes sporting multicolored blazers and gravity-defying Afros, who did the running man in unison. Part rave, part 1992 bar mitzvah, the night could not have been better if Will Smith showed up.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/...tains_fans.html

Guest Guest_MIX PROFESSOR_*

I WAS THERE THAT NIGHT AND HE HAD THE PLACE ROCKIN-I AM GOING TO TRY TO POST UP SOME PICS THAT I TOOK THAT NIGHT. I HOPE HE COMES BACK TO THE AMERICAN MUSEUM SOON BECAUSE WITH THE CROWD THAT WAS THERE, THEY ENJOYED HIS PLAYLIST. BIG UP TO MAD SKILLZ FOR BEING THE HYPE MC AS USUAL. WASSUP TO MY HOMEBOY DARNELL.

RHYMEFEST WAS ALSO IN THE HOUSE AND SHOUT OUT TO DJ AVEE IN THE PLACE AS WELL!!!

When I read this, I was going to say that I had just talked to MixProfessor this weekend and he was there and said it was a great show. I wish that I could have been there, especially in NY... NY has some GUD shish~ka~bobs for after the show! LOL Midnight munchies. lol

xoxo,

cookie