JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I AM LEGEND @ NY PREMIERE

DevilsJim89

I just want to first say I apologize for not posting this sooner. My life reached its peak in the level of busyness and stress this past month with finals and my other schooling. I won two passes to the I AM LEGEND NEW YORK PREMIERE on this site back in the second week of December. The premiere was on Tuesday December 11, 2007 in the WaMu Theatre at Madison Square Garden in New York City. I live on the Jersey shore, I'm about an hour and a half south of New York City and and hour and a half east of Philadelphia. My friend and I took the train into the city and walked around and saw the tree. Around 5pm we arrive at Madison Square Garden on the side of the building and see the red carpet. However, we couldn't stay because it was only the press. The red carpet wasn't big at all either. It wasn't like you see in Hollywood or in Los Angeles. So we just went in the Theatre an hour later. The theatre was really nice, we sat in the center towards the back. It turns out the only way people can get passes to these events is from radio or online contests or if you have some type of involvement in the movie. I asked many people and these are the answers I got. There was this older couple sitting to the left of us. They were probably in their 50s and they got passes because the cornfield that you see in the movie is on their farm which I thought was pretty cool. They met Will and he said he was extremely nice and a hard worker. He was there from 4:30am to 9:30pm just working. From where I was sitting I could barely see anyone in front. I heard small cheers (which I later found out Tom Cruise, Mary J, Russell Simmons..etc were there) then FP came out. He said a few words just saying thanks and all that then the movie began. The movie was dope. I didn't think it would end the way it did but it was a fantastic movie. The movie ended to a standing ovation and we left. Great experience.

I had to finally type this up because now I'm relaxing on Christmas Eve and I owe'd everyone this experience. Shout-out to my man Tim (Hero1)..I got a great hook up. It was a great experience and once in a lifetime thing because how many people do you know went to movie premiere? haha..big thanks Tim and good look for your boy. :signthankspin: :signthankspin: