JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith To Direct Karate Kid Remake / Steven Chow In Talks

Ale

wsmith.jpg

It looks like Will Smith is going to be all over the remake of the Karate Kid. Today we learn that he will not only be producing, but also directing the project. We get the scoop from our friends at moviesonline:

Will Smith is in fact going to direct the upcoming Karate Kid movie according to production notes. His son Jaden Smith will also star. There has been alot of past speculation on who would star, and who would direct but it would seem the speculation can now end. Overbook Entertainment have Will Smith listed as the director and Jaden Smith as its star.

Will Smith has had quite the journey. If you would of told me back in the day, that The Fresh Prince would be directing a remake of the Karate Kid in the future (as the Kung Fu Kid); I would of called you a liar and a prophet of questionable ability. But here we are, and it looks like Mr. Smith’s directorial debut on a feature film, will be alongside his son and Jackie Chan or Steven Chow.

Steven Chow has confirmed that he is in talks to play Mr. Miyagi and we get his words on the matter today via themoviehole:

Martial arts magnate Stephen Chow (“Kung Fu Hustle”) has confirmed online rumours that he’s in talks to play wise and wrinkly warrior Mr Myiagi in a ‘’Karate Kid’’ remake.

“I’m very fond of ‘The Karate Kid’ and would love to join in the remake project, no matter as a producer, director or actor”, says Chow. “But it depends on my schedule. As you know, next year I will work on two movies, ‘Dragon Ball’ and ‘Journey to the West.’”

So it is not yet confirmed that Chow will be Miyagi, but he is certainly still in the running. Chan is a high octane contender however and although both men are great choices, I think I would prefer the pastoral Chan for the role of Kung Fu Master. Lots of news out today regarding this project and we will have to hope that they walk with the wisdom of Macchio to create a film that pays tribute to the original.

http://www.themovieblog.com/2007/12/will-s...n-chow-in-talks

• 6 months later...

RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a board rule, not to resurface an old topic like this because it crowds the board with old topics, when we wanna try and keep new and fresh news on the board. Right now, all you are doing is bumping VERY RELEVANT and important topics down the board, and I am telling you to STOP. Ive left u a message on ur profile, and not being rude to you dear, but this is a board rule.. and especially now. We wanna keep fans around the globe up n Will's new movie, HANCOCK, and also the buzz with KS UMA nomination, these threads are making it very difficult for newer visitors to stay on top of whats HOTT right now with Will and his potnas..

IF u have onlly 'one liner' replies.. and dont elaborate on anything interesting to say to solicit a response. please. dont bring those topics back up.

we are pleased to have u with us, but take a moment to read the forum rules,...

much love & respect,

xo,

cookie

ps. imma make a thread 4 u in case u dont raed this