JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Family-man Will Smith eyes Hong Kong, Beijing

Ale

Hollywood star Will Smith, in Hong Kong on Friday for the Asian premiere of his new film, said performing in the same movies as his children helped them bond as a family.

U_Will_Smith_200712070220459530_afp.jpg

HONG KONG (AFP) - The actor stars alongside daughter Willow in his latest film "I am Legend," which tells a story of a scientist, played by Smith, who tries to find a cure for virus-infected New Yorkers who turn into mutant humans.

He played the role of father to his nine-year-old son Jaden in his last film "Pursuit of Happyness."

"For me, it's such a perfect opportunity that they want to act because it's what I know most in this life. How much better could it possibly be that your kids are going to do something that you can actually teach?" Smith said.

"Generally, we send out kids to school to learn things that we don't know... it's a perfect bonding... there's this thing that happens that a relationship grows in that way," he told reporters in Hong Kong.

Smith would not be drawn on which of his children was more talented judging from their debut performances.

The US star also talked about the difficulty in obtaining rights to show his latest film in China, which so far has not allowed it to be released, partly because of the restrictions on the number of foreign films that can be shown there.

U_Will_Smith_Hong_Kong_20071207022045968

"We would love to able to find a way to be able to release the film in China. We struggle very very hard to work (things) out," he said.

Despite that, his enthusiasm to make movies in China and Asia has not been dampened.

Smith, who earned an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of boxing legend Muhammad Ali in the film "Ali," said he had met a representative from the state-run China Film Group about making movies.

"There's a few things we are trying to put together... we try to figure out how to get there and make some movies," he said.

The actor added he is considering filming in the region, including Hong Kong or China's capital Beijing, for his remake of hit 1980s martial art movie "Karate Kid."

"I am Legend" will be released in Hong Kong and the rest of Asia on December 13.

http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/45870.aspx

Edited by Ale

Will Smith Might Not Be Legendary in China

Will Smith made a grand entrance at the premiere of I Am Legend in Hong Kong yesterday after another press conference (hopefully nobody dozed off this time). He's been making his way across Asia to promote the film, but seems to be having some trouble getting the movie released in China. The country is trying to keep out foreign films in order to stimulate their own entertainment industry but Will still fought for his project, saying, "We struggled very, very hard to try to get it to work out, but there are only a certain amount of foreign films that are allowed in." The movie looks like it has definite blockbuster potential, so hopefully getting banned from China won't have a huge effect on the overall success of Will's movie.

hongkonglg2.png

http://popsugar.com/863588?sidcheck=1&idcheck=1