JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kel Spencer @ The Market Bar

Da Brakes

Just came back from the mixtape release party Kel Spencer had and it was so good! Kel really knows how to make you feel welcome and also rock the mic.

I got there early and was expecting no one to be there but they were all there (3rd Power). As soon as I walked Kel was like 'Brakes how you doing my man'. Its weird even tho we've been chatting online, you don't expect him to recognise you before you introduce yourself! I was chatting to him about the mixtape and his new album and he said 'Were you listening to Choice FM last night? I gave you a shout out!' Unfortunately I missed it but I knew what he was talking about from the other thread on the board! He also mentioned Kev and Tim and seemed surprised that Tim was listening from Australia!

Anyway as the night went on more people filtered in and the place became pretty busy! There were a few technical difficulties with the sound system but they got it going in the end! Then Blitz and Kel literally ripped it! A mix of mixtape tracks and acapella's which went down really well! Everybody loved it....especially the ladies!!!

All in all an awesome night and I'll defo be making some more shows during the week!

Kev I managed to record the whole set but the lighting was really low so I'm not sure how useful the footage is...Maybe there's something you can do in Post Production maybe??

Tim he said that he's gonna swing by the board and check out your review as well!

dsc05672sk8.th.jpg

dsc05653xj9.th.jpg

dsc05645fp8.th.jpg

Great stuff Brakes. I'll probably be able to use snippets or use some stuff for some montage bits if its not that bright. Thanks again for doing some filming, catch you rocking out to Kel next week :P

• 1 month later...