JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Reality Check

Mike

So my new album coming out is called reality check, i switched to just mike instead of concept and the lyrics are more down to earth...i think, also there is zero cursing.

i have every track done production wise (it is all original again, but this time its good), i just need to write the album lyrically now and then get to recording. i have a new song on my myspace that isnt on the album but its my best track(in my mind and from other peoples minds).

so heres the songs, not in order of when they will go on the album

center stage

reality check

the illest

a part of me

face your fears

leave me be

always will be

two sides to every story

death of a dream

dreamers dream

fictional facts

weekend nights

enemy territory

it will be free once its done, but also in post production i have to take the album pictures,design the cd, etc. so ill keep you guys updated

right now 4 of the 13 songs are done lyrically. and most of the rest have been worked on, whether it be verse or chorus.

Edited by Mike

so i have this microphone probelm... it goes crazy and buggs out when i try to record in sterio but for some odd reason it is perfectly fine when i record in mono... now thats an improvement but id rather not record in mono... so i have to figure otu how to record in stereo so i can get this done... im just finished up a second verse to death of a dream and its pretty nice, i like how this is coming along.

ill try to keep you guys posted.... unless you dont really care.

i care man..cant wait for it..tob e honest im more interested in beats...not cause i dont care bout ur lyrics..but i already know ur skills i wanna test the production

• 2 weeks later...

a version of "a part of me" is on my reverb nation and should be on my myspace. it takes the songs to load for a bit on myspace so if its not on then it should be on in like a day//

check it out! its the first song recorded for my new album

Edited by Mike

Nice performance dude!! Ya'll did a good job. The only thing that needed some improvement would be the volume of your mic. It was kinda hard to understand what you were saying. Other than that, it was dope.

thank everybody, the mic i didnt have control of (volume wise) so thats why it was low. its the audio peoples fault. I would have extracted the audio and put it on the new cd but you cant really hear me.

i think the coolest part is were im like, start that beat back up. and then make the kids guitar solo and get the peoples hands up. i said "put your hands up, now that i've said it ill look like a jerk if you dont" haha.

Edited by Mike

• 1 month later...