JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas to Bill O'Reilly "I'll Bite Your Nose Off" New Album In '07

bigted

Nas to Bill O'Reilly "I"ll bite your nose off". New Album in 07

We're going overtime this week because you guys can't seem to get enough of Nas. All week people have been asking us if there is anything else going on with him. Yes — take a gander below.

Nas definitely scoffed at Bill O'Reilly claiming he was a poor choice to perform at Virginia Tech a couple of weeks ago because of some of his gun references in records such as "Made You Look" and "Shoot 'Em Up." Nas, who says he's about halfway done with his next album (which he plans to release later this year), spoke exclusively to MTV News last week before the show at Virginia Tech, labeling O'Reilly's comments "racist." Esco had a lot on his mind though, from the "n" word to even Amy Winehouse. So we decided to run more from the conversation with MTV News Hip-Hop Editor Shaheem Reid.

MTV News: Bill O'Reilly has leveled a lot of criticism at you over the Virginia Tech concert [which went off without major incident]. Would you ever go on his show to talk about your music?

Nas: Whenever he wants a debate, I'll go through it. I know Bill O'Reilly's test scores. I know what he did, what he's trying to be ... I'm a psycho. I'm an American psycho. [Addressing O'Reilly:] "Come to Queensbridge, [record your show] out there. Come to Jamaica, Queens [New York]. Do a show in Red Hook [brooklyn, New York]." ... I ain't got no time to talk to a uncivilized savage. This man will go through all kinds of extremes for publicity. I will tell him I'm an American psycho, I'm his worst nightmare. "They Shootin' " is just the beginning.

I don't downplay nothing, that's who I am. When he wants to come holla at me, be ready for Hannibal Lecter. He don't deserve an intelligent explanation. I'll bite his nose off! He wants to talk to me like a animal? I will be — but only to him. With everybody else I'll be a gentleman, including his wife. That's right — I'm crazy. That's how we should be to him. He isn't here to help us, and we don't need his help.

If Arnold Schwarzenegger comes to VA Tech, he's gonna come dressed like the Terminator? [O'Reilly] would never say that about Arnold Schwarzenegger. But he'll say that to me because he's ignorant.

MTV News: What about this whole new controversy around the word "n---a"? They recently kicked Eddie Griffin off the stage at a Black Enterprise magazine event because they said he offended the onlookers with his use of profanity and the word "n---a."

Nas: I mean, it's a human problem. It's reality. There's so many prejudiced people in the world. What you gonna do, Sha? You know what it is. It's an ugliness. Racism is ugly. Our people are faced with a serious dilemma, what do we do? You got conservative, rich black folks that are above the word "n---a." Rightfully so. Then you got the word n---a, which has the genius of the black mind and has been changed into a billion-dollar word through Richard Pryor, who should own it. Paul Mooney should own the word. N.W.A, Dr. Dre, should own a piece of the word. "N---a" has changed into a billion-dollar franchise. It's just a smack in the face to all the races that we've changed that into a positive. You're gonna have brothers and sisters who are educated who don't need it. You also have a world who lives in it, who deals with it every day on levels that are unbearable.

MTV News: What about a person like Nas who has made it and does mingle with socialites, but also still deals with the everyday thugs? How do you deal with being in both worlds?

Nas: It's not right for all us who have made it to forget about everybody else in the struggle. Everybody ain't make it out to be billionaires or filthy rich. We have to bridge that gap back to not come down on each other, especially hip-hop. Don't come down on hip-hop for it. But at the end of the day? Whatever, man. I ain't got no time for it. "N---a" is a part of my vocabulary — as far as I know — for life. Amongst each other, we say it in jokes. It's really a stupid conversation to even have at this point, on the stage we have it on. If [the people who are against the use of the word] really wanted to have a conversation about it, it could have been done better. We didn't invent the word. We took the word and made it into something positive and we made money off it. God bless Richard Pryor.

MTV News: It's wild that we as a people still haven't resolved this. They brought this up 10 years ago with Snoop and them, and back in the '80s ...

Nas: You right, Sha. My example is Richard Pryor. Richard is my hero. He made an album called Supern---er where [on the cover] he's in the air like Superman. A few years later, they put him on the poster for "Superman III" with Christopher Reeve. They needed Supern---er to help America's biggest hero, Superman. They needed to sell movie tickets. God bless Richard Pryor! He turned the word into a positive. Of course, there is some f---ed-up rap music out there. That just f---s up the music. But at the end of the day you can't blame rap for everything.

MTV News: Last year, your Hip Hop Is Dead declaration was one of the most provocative statements in a long time. Recently though, the whole game has been sparked with the 50 Cent vs. Kanye West showdown. Obviously you've been keeping up because you told me that you felt 50 was going the controversial route, and it didn't sit well with you.

Nas: At first I was like, "Damn, he should be embarrassed," but now I get it. I'm excited about his album and Kanye's album, really. [50's] got that street sh--. I wanna hear that. Kanye has that pure music. That wins all the time. This is n---as' third albums. I'm looking at the controversy that they gotta put behind it and I'm like "damn!" It's that competitive hip-hop sh--. But I feel that your third album in 2007, it should be mind-blowing. I'm just happy Kanye got some good sh--. I'm just sitting back in my chair looking at n---as like, "Hurry up!" It's fun from where I'm at. I'm G'd up from where I'm at. Third album? Come on, bring it! Hip-hop needs it.

MTV News: Your third album was back in '99. Now you're working on your ninth LP, not counting the Firm, The Lost Tapes or your other side projects. Salaam Remi, who has been a constant collaborator of yours over the last few years, called me up recently. People might not know that in addition to doing your album, he also produced a bunch of stuff for Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album. I was seriously lobbying with Salaam to get you and Amy together for a collaboration. You think that might happen?

Nas: Absolutely, people don't know "Me and Mr. Jones" on her album, that's me [she's talking about.]. She mentions my birthday and then Destiny, that's my daughter. Its all based around my sh--. I think she's one of the hottest to hit the scene this year. She's a true artist to the fullest.

MTV News: When I heard it, it reminded me of the song you have about Rakim on Street's Disciple.

Nas: I felt the same way. It felt like "U.B.R. (Unauthorized Biography of Rakim)." I was f---ing with it because it had that sound, the whole album had that sound I been f---ing with.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/091707/