JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Good opportunity for producers

Da Brakes

If you are a producer or know any HOT producers read this:

I've been approached by a BIG TIME London based label to put an album out this October. This album will have an Underground/ Street Hip Hop feel. The sound that some might call "Back-packer"

I'm working with Jazzy Jeff & DJ Premier on this project. That's the kind of sound that I'm looking for. I need tracks that have a J. Dilla, Talib Kweli, Pete Rock, Common, Jazzy Jeff, Mos Def, DJ Premier Hip Hop type of feel. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, send me anything if you can't see one of these types of artists rocking with it. also, NO SAMPLES!!!!

There is an opportunity for great exposure and MONEY if you land a song on this project. I'm looking to put it out in October and I'm looking for tracks NOW, NOW, NOW! I don't need you to reply to this with your phone number, or to ask me what types of tracks I need. I explained that above....

If you're interested, send the tracks to Sendussomejoints@gmail.com. Make sure each track is named and that you include your contact information.

:stickpoke:

Sounds really awesome. But one thing about that seems pretty stupid. No samples?!?! Its going to be pretty fricken hard to get a DJ Premier, Jazzy Jeff, Dilla, or Pete Rock sounding beat with out sampling. All of those producers are/were samplists. Thats the reason why their beats sound they way they do. But overall Kel sounds like hes on to a great project. Also, I can't knock him for giving unknown producers a shot at exposure.

Edited by bart5

I think he wants the people who submit there beats to have no samples in it! He won't have to worry about clearance and royalties that way!

Thats why you have your record label clear the samples for you. All I'm saying is that its going to be hard to get a pete rock or premo sounding beat with out any samples being used in it. I would submit a beat to him but I'm a samplist producer.

Sounds really awesome. But one thing about that seems pretty stupid. No samples?!?! Its going to be pretty fricken hard to get a DJ Premier, Jazzy Jeff, Dilla, or Pete Rock sounding beat with out sampling. All of those producers are/were samplists. Thats the reason why their beats sound they way they do. But overall Kel sounds like hes on to a great project. Also, I can't knock him for giving unknown producers a shot at exposure.

damn no samples...thats stupid :susel[1]:

I'm surprised the no samples thing is such a big deal 2 so many people here. THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!! I heard this news recently and i'm glad 2 see it in print. I'm also glad 2 hear he's going for a laidback sound like that and not "The Building Ain't Big Enough." I've always felt that Kel rarely got the proper beats 2 showcase his talent and lryics. But when i heard stuff like "The Definition," he seems right at home.

I'm surprised the no samples thing is such a big deal 2 so many people here. THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!! I heard this news recently and i'm glad 2 see it in print. I'm also glad 2 hear he's going for a laidback sound like that and not "The Building Ain't Big Enough." I've always felt that Kel rarely got the proper beats 2 showcase his talent and lryics. But when i heard stuff like "The Definition," he seems right at home.

Its not that big of a deal. I love laid back, chilled hip hop (definitely my favorite kind of hip hop). I just think that in order to get that certain kind of laid back sound, sampling is a big help. Thats just my view as a producer/beat maker. But if the beats can still have the "Common-esque" feel to them w/o using samples, thats great.

Plus now I can't submit any of my beats though. :shake:

Edited by bart5