JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jazzy Jeff in Stockholm

Guest Guest_Summertime_one_*

Guest Guest_Summertime_one_*

Hey it's Summertime

Saturday night Jazzy Jeff was here in Stockholm, doing a show at Berns.

This is the first time I seen him live, although I almost got a chance to like 7 years ago (he was in Stockholm around 2000 to DJ at some MTV party or whatever it was. I was like 16 years old, so I wouldnt have been let in, but I snuck it at the venue like 5 hours before it was suppost to start. There were no guards this early, the doors stood wide open. I hid in the bathroom for like half an hour before my mother called me on my celly and threatend to give me an ass whooping if i wasnt coming home that night. Haha. So I missed out that time....

It was speculated that Big Daddy Kane was the secret guest, then I heard that it would be this ghostwriter guy "Skillz". Neither one of them came. It wasnt really a concert, it was just a party and Jazzy was the DJ. I'm the type who sits home and listen to records in big head phones, not the partying type. So it wasnt really my kind of event. But it was nice to hear some classic tunes. The sound quality on this venues is lame though. Berns is known for the low sound quality. It was blasting, really high, so standing at the front row you didnt get to enjoy it as much.

Anyway... I gave all the booklets of my JJFP collection to some guy in Jazzy'z crew after the show. He invited me up on stage. I got to take a photo with Jeff, but I doubt I will ever see it. Cuz.... just before I had to leave home to go there, i realized that my digital camera was broke. I was like phuck it, I never take any pictures anyway. It wasnt like I expected this. So another guy took the photo with his camera and I got his email address, but I start to think that it was a phony one, cuz now I cant get in touch with him... :(

I thought it would be a much bigger thing to meet Jazzy than it actually was. I thought I would be more sentimental (having grown up on JJFP and the Fugees - I love hiphop music in gereral, not just these two groups, but they were the first two that I got into in the mid-90's). But no actually it felt pretty awkward. People were hysterical, tried to grab him and took tons of photos. Poor guy I felt bad being there. Not to mention going back stage. Everyone tried to squeze into the same elevator as him. And he had female groupies all over him. Damn life cant be easy being that famous. "People be flippin when they see me around/but yo don't trip just give me a pound"..you could only wish...It was cool that they invited me up to get my cds signed, but it wasnt fun as I thought it would be, just awkward.

• Members

I thought it was akwkard to be around a bunch of crazy people. Damn, people really do go crazy when they see someone famous.

I doubt any of these people were big fans either. Because the crowd was being pushed out the venue by guards after the show.

The only people that was let up on the stage was the friends of the people working at Berns, or friends of the swedish dj´s that was warming up for Jeff.

It was only me and a fan who had come from Paris who were let up from the crowd....

Anyway, so I was surrounded by a bunch of hysterical people... so I was a little embarrased for wanting to take ONE photo with him...

and some other folks tried to be in like every picture with Jeff ha ha. But yeah Jeff is probably more used to all this than i was