JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Here we go again

Does anyone else agree that from a lyrical point of view 'Here we go again' would make a better opeing track than 'A nightmare on my street'. I just also thought that it would send better if 'Here we go again' was the first track on the album and 'A nightmare on my street' was the second track on the album instead

Pretty random thread i know lol

Edited by analogue

I guess I have thought of that too. Here We Go Again would probably been a better album opener, but it doesn't make the much of a difference though.

I actually tend to skip Nightmare and play "here we go again" as the first track, lol. So I've agreed with this for a while now.

I skip Nightmare because I've heard it so much prior to getting He's the DJ, on greatest hits and all that. I'd rather listen to the other tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the reason why it is the opener of the album is because it was the first single for the album?

I always skip Nightmare though, not a real favorite of mine. Here We Go Again is dope nonetheless.

maybe it was the first single, because I know that albums from around that time has the first track as the lead single. Rock the house has GANBT as the first track and Vanilla Ice's To the extreme had Ice Ice Baby as the first track.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually tend to skip Nightmare and play "here we go again" as the first track, lol. So I've agreed with this for a while now.

I skip Nightmare because I've heard it so much prior to getting He's the DJ, on greatest hits and all that. I'd rather listen to the other tracks.

Yeah I tend to do that too for the same reason. But I do think Here We Go Again would have been a better opening lyricly and subject wise.