JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Trying to identify a track

• Members

Hi guys,

I am trying to identify a particular track and thought that if anyone can help, it's you guys.

This was a song which was showcasing Jazzy Jeff's skills and was the same sort of thing as heard in 'Rhythm Trax - House Party Style', 'Magnificent Jazzy Jeff' and 'Live at Union Square'.

I remember hearing it playing on the Tim Westwood rap show in England but I never managed to find it.

Timewise, it would have not been long after 'Girls of the world aint nothing but trouble' hit the UK.

I know that it is not on the album 'He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper' or 'And in this corner....' as I bought both these records trying to find this track!

I know it had chirping and transforming scratches on it, but I can't rememember too much else that would be helpful.

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone got any idea what it might be? I know that if I heard it again I'd know straight away if it was the right track or not.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you can give.

Jon

Yeah, it's hard 2 pinpoint a track with that kinda description. I'm guessing it's "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff" since that waz one of the big singles off Rock The House and it's one of the DJ trax. I doubt it would be "A Touch of Jazz" since the album version doesn't feature any vocals by The 'Prince.

JJ+FP didn't really have many b-sides back then...at least not DJ tracks as B-sides.

• Members

IS it a JazzyJeff and Fresh Prince track, if so i can only think it'd be "A Touch of Jazz" that you could be talking about.

Yes, it is Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince. It could well be "A Touch of Jazz" as I have never heard this one. Anyone know where I can hear a snippet of this on-line so I can check if it's right before I buy it?

Jon

• Members

Yeah, it's hard 2 pinpoint a track with that kinda description. I'm guessing it's "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff" since that waz one of the big singles off Rock The House and it's one of the DJ trax. I doubt it would be "A Touch of Jazz" since the album version doesn't feature any vocals by The 'Prince.

JJ+FP didn't really have many b-sides back then...at least not DJ tracks as B-sides.

I was pretty sure that "The Magnificent Jazzy Jeff" was a song that I already had, but looking at the two albums I mentioned, it isn't on either, so maybe I am mistaken about that. Is "Rock the house" worth buying anyway?

Rock The House is classic. If u are a JJ+FP fan and get your hands on it...DO IT. It's the album that started it all. There would be no hits, Grammys and other awards, TV show, movies, etc. That album is JJ+FP straight raw. Clever rhymes and amazing sampling. It's the fantasy stuff that old school Hip-Hop albums are made up of.