JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

First Verse From "The Rain"

J-o-e

Wasup ya'll, this is only the first verse of a song called "The Rain" hope ya'll like it, the audio shouldn't be too far away either!

Why does the rain come down my window pane, rapper’s souls taken for fame

A race to place there name in the wall of shame, but who can I honestly blame?

Nightmares in my sleep, my life’s torn from being happy, to make me go crazy

Somebody please wake me, because I hear my next door’s baby, mother’s shady

Too young but played the game too dumb, took crack so that she could feel numb

But should I feel sorry for her only son? Before I complain the crimes already done

Life shadowed by drug dealers, pimps and pushers, all they try to do is hustle

Some we’re used to this life of struggle, the other’s just simply liked causing trouble

They call me a menace because I’m on the street, chilling and drinking hard liquor

Cops on my ass to make sure I make up my mind quicker, but the streets are sicker

Money’s not important to me, but what was life supposed to be, eyes envy wit green

I done heard the sickest MC’s I ever seen, turn into too much weed, n forget they dream

It’s not a life I like, it’s the life I lead, wake up in the morning and do a dirty deed

To some mother’s dirty seed, I’m doing gods work cause they full of greed, they’ll bleed

What can I do instead of my peoples being dead, all I want is love from my family

I try to run from insanity, I’m jus dying for my bed, the same people trapping me

The rain came to much early, homey’s seeing a early grave, a lifetime of being a slave

That’s why my blood sweat n tears pour onto a page, to empty out this anger n rage

I’ll get tired of running away, I should stay strong and front my peers, for years

I’ve have seen so many tears and ex convicts shedding down n telling me they fears

I’m not a shrink but I have the power 2 make u think, make u stand straight, concentrate

Once in a while we all need to smile, but on rainy days it’s hard to escape this fate

I wished I lived a better life, 2 point 4 children at my side and a beautiful wife

Instead of carrying this life, I’ll give 2 u and send u in a direction 2 see what it’s like

I don’t pretend to be gangster, or a thug or a drug dealer, cause I’m none of them

So if I have beef, I handle it with words or fists, I never want to pull a gun on them

As B.I.G said, I wish death to nobody, because nobody in the world can re live death

I’ll give u all my soul and heart with whats left, and I gave u my lyrics on my last breath…

What can I do instead of my peoples being dead, all I want is love from my family

I try to run from insanity, I’m jus dying for my bed, the same people trapping me

As B.I.G said, I wish death to nobody, because nobody in the world can re live death

I’ll give u all my soul and heart with whats left, and I gave u my lyrics on my last breath…

It’s not a life I like, it’s the life I lead, wake up in the morning and do a dirty deed

To some mother’s dirty seed, I’m doing gods work cause they full of greed, they’ll bleed

Just great man. Keep it up.

Man Joe, "The Rain" is something special. I mean, your flow would have to totally flip with the right beat. You could be rappin' like Chamillionaire did on "Ridin' Dirty", or Bone Thugs N Harmony, or Twista. Or get a slower more sensual beat, and vibe this one thru. I did it to Coldplay's Clocks (yeah, that's right lol). It was more faster that I think you could settle for, but this would be a nice song to hear. It would cool as an interlude verse. Just that verse alone does the song right. There's nothing wrong with writing grimy like that. You just have to have the right experiences/understandings.