JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will is one of the best rappers?

Yeah TopDawg was right on there, really there's no definate GOAT, a lot of great rappers in hip-hop history really and they have their own unique style, I'd say there's probably a good 20 rappers that could be considered GOAT and Will's one of them that should be in that group no question about it, he's definately one of the best rappers of all time, the career ain't over yet either, he could still make his mark if he wants to 'cause his last album shows that he hasn't lost a step yet from his earlier days of rapping

Yeah Biggie got a tight flow but I don't like much of his songs so I couldn't put him ahead of Will and there's others that feel vice versa I guess, depends who's music you dig more when you make a list, Will's made a big mark on the rap game, he attracted fans in the past, now the present, and will continue to in the future as long as he wants to keep rapping, and really a lot of rappers that people might rank up so high like Jay-Z and Nas recognise Will's talent too, 2Pac loved Will too, and there's a reason why Eminem will never say anything negative about Will ever again either 'cause he knows what Will's capable of since he grew up bumping JJFP, lol....

Will is one of the best entertainer's in Hip Hop, and he's abled to switch styles. He's up there with for example Run and LL. They are G.O.A.T's.

Rakim, Nas, GZA are some of the most lyrical Mc's. They are G.O.A.T's.

Biggie, method Man, Big Pun, Fat Joe etc. are some Mc's with the best flow's and wordplay's the game has ever seen. Thats why they are G.O.A.T.'s. You can go on like this forever.

I'm a Will Smith fan for several years now. I love Will's music.... You guys always say that he is one of the best rappers (or the best) but i don't agree with that. I think that Will is one of the best enternainers in the industry but you can't go out and say that he is in the level of Pac, Big, Nas, Jay-z, Racim, etc....

What place do you guys think that Will deserves in the top rappers of all time? ---> my guess is that he is not in the top 5 (even Will himself would agree with that)....

Waiting for your comments,

IMO there isn't ever going to be the all time greatest rapper because everyone brings different things, different styles, different lryics. Also, its impossible to decide who the best rapper is because its all a matter of individual opinion. Will is my favorite rapper, but I don't know if would say he is the best because there are so many different rappers out there with different styles.

I couldn't say it better than this one!

Absolutely agree with that!

It's different and individual opinions so u can say for example Pac is for u the best rapper but he will be the best rapper for u, not for everybody. Maybe he'll be the best for many people but not for everybody and that's why there can't be the best rapper or the best entertainer, the best movie, best game, whatever... The only thing there can be is maybe best rapper of the month or of the year or something like that. When many people say Will was the best rapper this year because his album was really awesome - it was the best of all the rap albums then Will can get the best rapper of the year or something but even to that not everyone, not all the people will agree!

For me the best rapper is Will and right after him DMX but yea, only for me and maybe a few others but not everyone... :D

That's why I don't like all those guys who are reviewing/previewing an album or a movie, game etc. Because they only tell their opinions about the album, game... and not how it really is, there is no really being and won't ever be, everybody is thinking different and everybody likes something else, opinions are different so for example why the hell are the reviewers/previewers saying something like "This album was really a disappointment, it was just garbage, not good at all, only 2 ok songs on it bla, bla..." Just shut the hell up and if u ain't got nothing nice to say then don't say nothing! It's maybe ur opinion but not everyone's. It's something like one of these test sites where all the people post what they think about the album, post their reviews and all and for example one album gets very less points, from 5 maybe 2 points or something like this because many people say that it isn't so good but ok, maybe they say this but maybe I do like the album!? U know what I mean? Many people maybe don't like it but I do! Sometimes also the same only the other way round, an album that gets a rating like 5, 5 of 5 and u think "Ah that must be good, I'll buy it" then u listen and don't like it at all.

That's what I'm saying - many people like it, u don't or many people don't like it, u do! Because of this I don't like all those review-sites!

Ok that's it right now, today I'm posting very much text!... :D :D