JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

kid n play

Hero1

• Admin
for those wonderin whatever happened to kid n play.. this from cozmo d(newcleus/jam on it) on another board,,,]

Kid 'N' Play.....need i say more.....damn i used to love them dancin fools

what ever happened to kid n play?

Kid is doing "Showtime At The Apollo". Last time I talked to him he had decided not to even bother rapping anymore and to do stand-up comedy instead. I have no idea about Play...I heard he was trying to do movies.

and from some1 else..

As for Christopher "Play" Martin...no lie...he is one of the youth ministers at my church here in NC.

That sucks...how sure are u that this is official?!? Just a few years ago Kid waz still writing, rapping, and recording with help from fellow old skooler Def Jef. I waz hopin' he'd come out with something. He, like many old skoolers are probably just ashamed of what rap music has come 2. The last thing musical that Play did (i think) waz producing and compiling the "Grapetree Hit Mix" album titled "Wreckin' Thangs" which is a compilation album featuring gospel Hip-Hop artists on the Grapetree label (a succesful Christian Hip-Hop label). I heard it years ago and thought it waz alright but i only have the inserts of the album...not sure what happened 2 the CD, i need 2 ask my brother. The album came out in 1998 tho' and Play had a short message in it, signing it "Play (Kid 'N Play).

They do have thousands of fans, i wish there waz a way 2 let them know that they would be appriciated..even as solo artists.