JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

the unmade sylvester stallone films

rawad_m

“Bartholomew vs Neff” Sly and John Candy were to play feuding neighbors.

“Beverly Hills Cop” Sly was the original choice to play Axel Foley. He wanted a more serious action picture, but the producers wanted to go with a comedy. They parted ways. Sly went on to make “Cobra” and the producers brought in Eddie Murphy.

“Bodyguard, The” Not the Kevin Costner vehicle, but an unproduced screenplay written by Sly written in the mid 70s: a bodyguard hired to protect a millionaire’s wife and child goes on a hunt for the killers after they succeed in their mission. [Perhaps Sly should go back and re-consider this one! - Craig]

“Bogus Kingdom, The” Unproduced screenplay written by Sly in the early 70s: A group of down-and-out performers kidnap several high-ranking movie execs and using their make-up and acting skills take over the company. [i love that title! - Craig]

“Cobra II” Before its release it was thought that Cobra would be Sly’s third movie franchise.

“Coming Home” Sly was the first choice to play the role that went to Jon Voight.

“Cotton Club, The” Sly was the first choice to play the role that went to Richard Gere.

“Cry Full, Whisper Empty, in the Same Breath” Unproduced Sly screenplay from the mid 70s.

“Deadly Reckoning” This was to be a sci-fi movie that took place in a domed city.

“The Executioner” At one point it looked as if Sly would star as Don Pendelton’s character with William Friedkin directing.

“Fatalis” Fatalis was written specifically for Sly by Jeff Rovin [who had previously written a bio of Sly] and was to be made at Universal. Saber-tooth tigers attack Los Angeles!

“Father Lefty” Unsold tv series created by Sly and to star Danny Nucci

“Frequency” Sly turned down the lead which Dennis Quaid ended up taking.

“Gale Force” Sly was scheduled to re-team with director Renny Harlin for another big budget action adventure that took place during a hurricane.

“Gangster” It looked as if Sly would star from a screenplay by Paul Aulattanesio and to be directed by William Friedkin. [The advance word on the screenplay was excellent. - Craig]

“Godfather Part III” Sly was being courted by Paramount to star and direct and John Travolta would co-star.

“Inglorius Bastards” Quentin Tarantino’s long talked about war movie a la “The Dirty Dozen.” Widely reported that Tarantino has a role for Sly should it ever get made. [Tarantino also has roles in the movie for Schwarzenegger, Willis, Adam Sandler, and Eddie Murphy!]

“Isobar” Sly would have found himself pitted against a genetic mutation on a supersonic train.

“Maggie’s Eyes” Unproduced screenplay written by Sly: the story of a criminal who falls in love with a blind woman. [Another screenplay that I wish Sly would re-consider. - Craig]

“Negotiator, The” Sly turned down the lead.

“Notorius” Sly wrote and planned to star in a docudrama about the murder of rapper “Biggie” Smalls

“Pals” Unproduced screenplay by Sly: described as a younger version of “The Odd Couple.”

“Poe” Unproduced screenplay, again written by Sly in the early 70s: Sly’s long discussed dream project - a biography (of sorts) of Edgar Allan Poe! [i wish Sly could get this made if only to see his vision of Poe! - Craig]

“Romancing the Stone” Sly has said that he turned down the lead [that went to Michael Douglas] to instead do “Rhinestone.”

“Sad Blues” Unproduced screenplay written by Sly in the early 70’s: a tragic love story about a pop singer with a life-threatening condition that requires that he eat bananas every day…

“Sinsilver” Unproduced screenplay by Sly: Hasidic Jews in the wild west.

Stallone / Schwarzenegger FIlm It’s long been reported [L.A. Times, Cinescape.com, Ain't It Cool News] that Sly and Arnold have been talking about a project together. Arnold wants an ensemble cast, ala “The Great Escape.” Sly is said to prefer that they appear as adversaries. It’s reported that it all comes down to when they agree on a script for the project.

“Superman” Sly was considered for the role of Superman.

“Till Young Men Exit” Unproduced screenplay written by Sly in the early 70’s: A group of frustrated actors kidnap a Broadway producer. [A great title! - Craig]

“Trio” Fictional movie within “Burn, Hollywood, Burn” starring Sly, Whoopie Goldberg and Jackie Chan.

“X vs. Sever” In August of 2000 reports surfaced that Sly may team up with Vin Diesel for this Warner Bros. project which follows an “older government agent pursued by a bounty hunter. [it was eventually made with Antonio Bandaras and Lucy Lu]

http://stallonezone.com/wordpress/?page_id=32

wow, some good ones there

I think he was always more talented as a writer than as an actor, but It aint hard to enjoy a classic Stallone action film.. Some of them movies would have ended being a great deal..

I think he was always more talented as a writer than as an actor, but It aint hard to enjoy a classic Stallone action film.. Some of them movies would have ended being a great deal..

Agreed. I've always thought that Sly is an excellent writer.

Thanx 4 the list rawad. I had heard about some of those roles offered to Sly before, like for example the role of Axel Foley in 'Beverly Hills Cop'. It would have been a great action movie if Sly had starred in it. Eddie Murphy did a good work though. It's probably his best movie to date and a classic 80's action comedy, with a very catchy soundtrack. Hope they make the 4th part especially since Eddie's last movies are simply embarrasing.

The good thing was that Sly made 'Cobra' instead, one of my favorite action movies of all time. Those glasses!

I'm glad he didn't appear with Travolta in 'Godfather III' though. And, of course, I'm glad he wasn't Superman :laugh:

Can't wait to see 'The Expendables'. Arnold & Bruce will both make a cameo! :clap:

Im watching Cobra right now. It is great! I dont know how I never saw this movie before...

Yeah, I've always loved Cobra. It's Sly's third best character IMO (no need to mention who the other two are). Wish he had made a sequel, and probably a third part. Like the list says, it could have been a great franchise.

Sylvester Stallone on Filming "Expendables" with Schwarzenegger and Willis

Sylvester Stallone appeared at the Venice Film Festival where he talked about his upcoming "The Expendables" film, which will feature a scene with the biggest action stars of the 80s and 90s.

"Arnold [schwarzenegger], Bruce [Willis] and I will be working together for the first time, maybe in two weeks," Stallone explained. "So I had to grow back my beard and get ready to film it in Los Angeles."

He continued: "It's very difficult to get us all together at the same time. It's impossible to get all those egos in the same room."

Stallone also discussed going back to the kind of filmmaking that made the three men so famous. "I wanted to do a film that was more about men and just doing things that we did back in the '80s and '90s with films that were a little bit more men on men, and actual physical stunts and also a story that isn't super-gigantic," he said. "And the thing was to find certain personalities that never would ever work together normally and put them altogether. It's like a dream team."

http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=15045&count=0

Like a "dream team", haha!

Edited by Ale

Sly Stallone's Venice Triumph

Sylvester Stallone walked the red carpet at the 66th Venice Film Festival on Saturday night to pick up a prestigious award.

The 'Rocky' and 'Rambo' film icon was there to receive the Jaeger-LeCoultre Glory to the Filmmaker Award.

Stallone also showed clips of his latest film, 'The Expendables', in which he co-stars opposite Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham and Jet Li (Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger also appear in the film), and screened a new director's cut of his 2008 film 'Rambo.'

He is currently ramping up for a fifth 'Rambo' film.

(Watch Video here!)

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/09/78609/

-----

66th Venice Film Festival: Sylvester Stallone - Press Conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSJs494jd0

-----

That award was more than deserved! :clap:

Edited by Ale

A new Rambo?? thats something I didnt expect.. I have got to see the trailer!!!

Yeah, he'll start filming the movie in the spring. The storyline isn't confirmed yet though.

More info here:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118007920.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

First Official Teaser Poster

thesavagehunt.jpg

Edited by Ale

I thought he would stay happily ever after at home in Arizona lol

Yes, me too. The last movie had such a perfect ending: Rambo walking down the road to the farm where his father lives with the background soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith.. I just LOVED it!!

That moment reminded me of the beginning of 'First Blood'. It was awesome =)

“Notorius” Sly wrote and planned to star in a docudrama about the murder of rapper “Biggie” Smalls

who was he gonna play, charlie baltimore? :pound:

Sylvester Stallone was slated to be working on Notorious, as co-writer, director, and producer. The film purports to tell the truth about the killings of Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G., and the Los Angeles Police Department's slipshod investigation (some say cover-up) of the real perpetrators has stalled and may never make its planned debut on HBO.

"I became involved in the Tupac/Biggie project about 4 years ago. Gathering all the data, these two giant rap stars were murdered in front of numerous witnesses and no arrests have ever been made. This, on the surface, said to me some very important people had to be involved. Police Chiefs?"

Stallone continue to say: "The story was like a modern-day noir written from the point of view of a Detective [Russell] Poole, who basically was railroaded out of the police department because the more he investigated, the dirtier the high rollers in city hall and police commissions and DA offices all appeared to be part of a conspiracy to squash this case. I don’t think it’ll ever be done because of the amount of lawsuits that would be filed."

This not the first time that Stallone has turned his hand to writing and directing: he wrote more than a dozen screenplays and has directed Rocky II, III and IV as well as Staying Alive, Saturday Night's Fever's sequel.

http://www.strictlyballin.net/news/news/sylvester-stallone-notorious-fillm-a-no-go/