JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Chuck D To Host "Ali Rap" On ESPN

bigted

Chuck D ESPN Theme ALI RAPS Track

PE frontman Chuck D is doing his thing on television too. On the ESPN sports network theres a celebration of Muhammad Alis 65th birthday, and with the help of DJ Johnny Juice, and Kyle Jason, 5 tracks have been created and commissioned for soundtracking and score. The basic plans were to make these themes for the broadcast only but its developed into a full blown separate project as well. Video was shot in lower Manhattan by Kevin Shaw, also with Kyle Jason sparring in background ( Kyles a part time boxer as well as adding music, singing and writing the theme chorus), and the main ALI theme is slated for digital release on itunes come December 4th

The soundtrack breakdown and credits as follows...

1. ALI RAP THEME ( Get Used To Me)

Produced and arranged by Johnny "Juice" Rosado

Written by J. Rosado, C. Ridenhour, K. Smith

Vocals: Chuck D

Additional Vocals: Kyle "Ice" Jason

Publishing info: Juice On The Loose Publishing (BMI), Terrodome Music Publishing (BMI),Afro Wop Music (BMI)

2. ALI RAP THEME ( Get Used To Me) INSTRUMENTAL

3. Ali DJ Joint (The Cut Man)

Produced and Arranged by Johnny "Juice" Rosado

Written by J. Rosado, K. Smith

Scratches: DJ Johnny Juice

Live Bass: John Montalbano

Live Sax: Jeff Sheloff

Publishing Info: Juice On The Loose Publishing (BMI), Afro Wop Music (BMI)

4. Percussion Thang (Rumble In The Jungle)

Written by J. Rosado

Vocals: Kyle "Ice" Jason

Live Percussion: Johnny "Juice" Rosado

Live Bass: John Montalbano

Publishing info: Juice On The Loose Publishing (BMI)

5. Ali's Horn Discord (CraZy Man)

Written by J. Rosado, K. Smith

Publishing info: Juice On The Loose Publishing (BMI), Afro Wop Music (BMI)

Also on Friday, December 8th, Chuck D will stop by to chat about hosting Ali Rap , an ESPN Original Entertainment production examining the words and influence of Muhammad Ali.

Ali Rap is based on the book by George Lois that highlights the words and witticisms of "The Greatest." For one hour, viewers experience Ali's powerful words not only as said by the three-time heavyweight champion himself, but also from some of today's biggest names in sports and entertainment. The song "ALI RAP (Get Used to Me)," a hip-hop homage to Ali written and performed by Chuck D, serves as the show's soundtrack.

As leader and co-founder of legendary rap group Public Enemy, Chuck D redefined rap music and Hip Hop culture with the release of PE's explosive debut album, Yo Bum Rush The Show, in 1987. His messages addressed weighty issues about race, rage and inequality with a jolting combination of intelligence and eloquence never seen before.

Be sure to catch Chuck D on Friday, Dec. 1 at a time TBD, and don't miss Ali Rap, December 9 2006

Looking forward to this, I'm gonna make sure I get my VCR set, gonna get that soundtrack too

I saw Rakim and Luda in the commercials on ESPN the past couple days, I wonder if FP will be in it too? It's only fitting since he played him the movie after all....

Did anybody watch MNF last night which my Eagles won btw? :1-say-yes: Anyways during halftime they had an awesome tribute video that Chuck D made about Ali, it was incredible, even my papa digged it since he loves Ali :wiggle: btw, I heard that Chuck D was on "Quite Frankly" last night but I missed it since I was too hyped in the MNF game and I just slept like a baby after that...

Edited by bigted