JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fat Joe Signed Deal With Virgin

Turntable

Rapper Fat Joe has signed with Virgin Records, less than a month after confirming to Billboard he had left longtime home Atlantic. The artist will crown the new deal tomorrow (Aug. 31) with a performance during a Virgin-hosted after-party for the MTV Video Music Awards in New York...

Fat Joe had previously announced that he would release his next album, "Me, Myself & I," independently on Oct. 17 via his own Terror Squad imprint, but it is unclear at deadline if the street date will be affected. A video was recently shot for first single "No Drama."

"I just started writing on my own and made the album I truly wanted to make," the artist told Billboard earlier this month, adding that the project was his "most in-depth album in terms of vulnerability and doing the music I love."

"Me, Myself & I" features collaborations with the Game (& more) and production from Scott Storch, the Runners and DJ Khaled, among others. It will be the follow-up to 2005's "All or Nothing," which bowed at No. 6 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 293,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"No hard feelings, but they weren't feeling what I was asking for," Joe said of splitting with Atlantic. "I've always been an artist to them, and they didn't understand me asking for my own imprint. But one man's trash is another man's treasure."