JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New and upcoming albulms

MpenA

Well after Dr. Dre said "Willenium" is the worst album he's ever heard I lost some respect for him, yeah "Chronic 2001" had some dope singles but there was quite a bit of filler on that and I thought a couple of the beats on there sounded simplistic, I don't think him and Ice Cube beef anymore though, that beef ended like 10 years ago man...

It'd be nice to see Nas go to Def Jam to get some more promotion but I hope that working with Jay-Z doesn't change his style to sound too commercial, I wanna see him keep doing those deep songs that's he's best known for! If LL, Nas, and Jay-Z do a track together that'd knock a lot of wack mcs out of the game.

When did Dre diss Will?I guess he was just trying to stick up for Em in the whole "no cursing in rhymes" thing. There wasn't really any bad beatz in 2001 but I wish he collaborates with Warren G,Ice Cube & Nate Dogg more. There is always a snoop collabo Dre & Snoop are one of the best duos in hiphop. :wiggle:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that Kanye's gonna retire after that album, mostly everybody says they're gonna retire and they come back, lol. Dr. Dre was saying that around the time "2001" dropped and also had that skit with Eminem in "Forgot About Dre" probably based on Will's comments at the MTV Awards that year in '99 and the comments Will made in "Freakin' It", they took Will's comments too seriously 'cause he wasn't dissin' them directly, Dr. Dre could've said nothin' and maybe Jazzy Jeff would be ghostproducin' beats for him now, lol.

Edited by bigted

dre has ghost writers, he does make all his own beats

Dr. Dre has been using ghostproducers on mostly everything he's done after "The Chronic"...

Dr. Dre is a overrated piece of **** :lolsign:

:word: It takes him 7 years to release an album and the rhymes ain't even his, that's embarassing! :paperbag:

Dr. Dre is a overrated piece of **** :lolsign:

:word: It takes him 7 years to release an album and the rhymes ain't even his, that's embarassing! :paperbag:

Yeah..That`s just embarassing. And besides that he`s an overrated producer too. His best times are over along time.. Since like 10 Years most of his Beat aren`t that good.. Just 2 outta 10 are great.

But U have to take into account the fact that he has to produce beats for the whole G- Unit crew, the Game, Eminem, Obie, Busta Rhymes, Eve etc. Think what 50 would have become without the In Da Club beat or Eminem without " the real slim shady". :word:

He did produce all. Eminem doe`s`hiws own Beats now. g-Unit have they`r onw producers now. Havoc and some more..

Dre is now on Busta and Eve. But still he doesn`t do al on his own. AND most of the Beats right now are wack.

• Members

how can u say dre uses ghostproducers no one has outed him and why would some one ghost produce if u ghost write its cuz ur voice or image want sell but a producer dun have too worry bout that so it dusnt make sence. plus everyone nos he has ghost writers cuz artist have said it and i think it even says it in the album booklet but im not sure

If you read the credits for "Chronic 2001" you'd see that Scott Storch, Melle Man, and Lord Finesse among others produced tracks on there, he basically hires a bunch of producers to produce tracks for him since he started his Aftermath label, basically "California Love" was the last track he produced on his own. Eminem produces most of his own tracks now. I'd say that if Dre don't write his rhymes or produce his tracks there's no way he could be the best producer on the mic like people say he is or call him the Quincy Jones of hip-hop, that title should go out to Pete Rock or Diamond D when it comes to best producer on the mic since they write all their songs, produce all their tracks and would kill Dr. Dre in a freestyle battle, before Dr. Dre should diss Will he should put in some more work.

Edited by bigted