JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DANIEL BEDINGFIELD TO RELEASE "LOST" MARIAH CAREY COLLABORATION

https://retropopmagazine.com/daniel-bedingfield-to-release-lost-mariah-carey-collaboration/

Daniel Bedingfield to release ‘lost’ Mariah Carey collaboration

Daniel Bedingfield Mariah Carey Credit Facebook-4

Daniel Bedingfield will finally release his ‘lost’ Mariah Carey collaboration, Thousand Life Times, after two decades.

The If You’re Not The One hitmaker is launching a tech company to help artists release recordings from the past and is planning to drop the ballad through his new venture.

He told the Daily Star’s Wired column: “It really burns a hole in my heart, just sitting there unreleased. The fans would love it.”

His company, H00ks, came about when the chart-topper became aware of how many unheard songs are sat “on hard drives” after being overlooked by record labels.

“There are hundreds and thousands of songs that are recorded and left on hard drives, hundreds of the best albums I have ever heard that record companies have just never released,” he added.

“And so what I am fascinated with right now is creating a system to get those unreleased songs released. Because the record companies don’t care about them but the artists really do, and the fans do.”

His plan is to share a 40-second “TikTok length” clip of an older, unreleased recording and see if it hooks fans. “Then fans create videos for them blow them up on socials and then the artist knows, ‘Oh actually this music that is unreleased is the hit as it’s going viral’,” he explains.

“I’m gonna redo Gotta Get Thru This,” he said. “I’ve got people that made some classic drum and bass/ garage songs, and we’re working on a new version which I am very excited about. 

“I just did a drum and bass festival in Tulum and I did all the new songs I’ve got. All the old songs, I realized, are suited to true drum and bass. 

“That’s because I was raised on reggae. My parents’ best mates were Jamaican in London.

I love this idea, finding a way to work around all of the music record labels have held hostage. I hope he has a lot of success with this company.