JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BOYZ II MEN - LIVE

The show was amazing. They played to a sold out house in Baltimore. It's called Ram's Head Live and it's my personal favorite venue. I know how to work the system so that I can make it up front every time...lol It's funny because at last minute, I couldn't find anyone who could go with me so I ended up going with a friend of a friend. Anyways...

If you click the link above, you can see the set list. They did a mixture of classics, recent stuff, and a few songs off the new album. The fellas came out dressed relatively formal to their new song "Believe"...the ONLY song on the new album that I'm not crazy about...lol. They covered the stage throughout the whole show and gave crazy love to the audience. The banter in between songs covered various topics such as the first time you heard a classic song, a message of worldwide love, thankfulness for their loyal fans, supporting REAL music, etc. The entire set was tight and very professional. I was impressed with how much choreography they incorporated into their set. They sounded flawless and sung their hearts out through the entire show. They also handed out roses to the ladies on "I'll Make Love To You." On to of everything going on, they also had a lot of fun. Wanya is a bit of show off with silly dancing. Nate decided to make up his own new lyrics for "Motownphilly." During "A Song For Mama," the three girls who were standing next to me called their moms on their cell phone (so did I) and handed them to Nate. He held all three phones in one hand and sung direction into them an the mic for his verse. At times they were cracking each other up with the kind of things they were doing on stage. My favorite part was probably the end tho.' They did 2 songs that weren't on the list that are 2 of my favs. Before closing out with "Motownphilly," they did "Flow" off the new album, which lead into "Roll Wit Me." Since those numbers weren't really staged, the guys got really loose and you could tell they were just in the zone. I love the classic ballads because that's what they are known for, but really love the uptempo stuff.

All in all the night was amazing. They did a meet and greet for fans who wanted to upgrade. The meet and greet went rather quickly and even though I don't get nervous around celebrities, I didn't have anything interesting to say. I complimented them on the new album and the show and wished them a safe tour. While they were all super chill and down to earth, Wanya seemed the most friendly. They also gave autographed lanyards out to all of the people who did the meet and greet.

It was truly an amazing night and really hope I have the chance to see them again. I also hope something happens so this album can get some proper marketing. It's a fantastic album and there's no reason it should be overlooked while R-N-B artists like Chris Brown, Jason Durulo, and Rihanna have success with watered down dance-n-b.