JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

it shouldn't matter but...

Guest guest

Guest guest

This really shouldn't matter but while I was looking through the imdb boards trying to get information on Will's upcoming projects, the trolls are slowly making people believe Will is a Scientologist. Now there was speculation about him being Muslim, which turned out to be untrue, but I think the amount of hatred people have for religions is getting ugly. I don't understand Scientology, but maybe it is misunderstood. If it was just the imdb boards, it wouldn't bother me, since they are another brand of crazy. But now on twitter, youtube, blogs, people are being misinformed about Will. I really don't think he's a Scientologist. He just needs to say or do something to shut this nonsense down. I hope with any promotion he does in the future, if someone asks, that he will shut down this issue for good. I like Will too much for him to become a sad "Tom Cruise-esque" casualty. They may be trying to bring him down, but really enough is enough. I had to vent somewhere where I knew there is more support for Will than weird trolls. Thanks.

Guest guest

oh yeah, I also hate how they act like Will's only friend is Tom. They've never heard of Jeff, Charlie Mack, Duane Martin, Tyrese, T.I. and tons of others I guess. I mean they're logic is whoever you're friends with, that's your religion.

Guest Guest

Please don't call that stuff a religion

If not a religion then I guess, a cult? To be honest, the side protesting them (and getting publicity for it) is not exactly the most moral and well meaning bunch either. They hacked websites (hiphop sites as one example) and left swastikas as their background. They're both suspicious in their own ways.

Guest Guest

Yeah its been getting worse over the past few years, but what can you do. There could be a lot worse things they could be making up about him. Just bcoz he has a friend that is a different religion to him doesnt mean hes that religion too.

I agree-it's just you can't find information about him anymore without people making a dig at stupid speculation that no one has proven. It's like that for every famous person I guess, a rumor comes attached to them no matter what. But it's getting to the point where it's annoying. And to be honest, Tom Cruise is getting on my nerves a bit even if he's friends with Will.

I too am getting tired of the speculation and know for a fact the family is NOT into Scientology. They attend the same church as my family and I, and although they don't show up as often as the regulars, we do see them come in. Out of respect and privacy for the Smith family, I will not name the church. However, I am weary of people trying to bring them down. I believe a lot of it is slanderous and libelous b/c some people are saying they won't watch his films because of this. I am going on the offensive with some of the people who post lies about them. They are the most down to earth, sweetest, and normal (!) family and I am sick and tired of these lies. I hope the fans here will be willing to stick up for them. I honestly think this could damage Will if it goes on much longer.