JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tatyana Ali! Love That Girl!

Ale

As some of us grew up with her, we can’t help but remember her as Ashley Banks on the “Fresh Prince of Bel Air”. But Tatyana Ali has grown up, and is a strong, educated, multi-talented actress and recording artist. Though having been in the industry from age four Tatyana is not your average child celebrity. She didn’t fall into the cliché Hollywood trap of drunken all night parties and scandals. “My parents would not have any of that!” Instead she took some time off and attended Harvard University to fulfill her love for education.

taty1.jpg

Written by Kate sZatmari

Since then she has played many different roles and has also began producing with her sister Anastasia. “Buppies”, the latest web series on BET is just one of her several projects. She also co-produced “Love That Girl” created by Bentley Kyle Evans (“Martin”, “The Jamie Foxx Show”) that will be airing on T.V1 on January 19th. “It’s an extremely funny sitcom about a woman who got married too young, has gotten divorced and is in the midst of trying to figure out who she really is.”

taty2w.jpg

Tatyana is also in the recording studio putting the finishing touches on her latest album “The Light” due out in April. Produced by Johnny J (“All Eyez on Me”, “Me Against the World”), songs written by Tatyana, the album is a collection of R’n’B with a touch of old school hip-hop. “I was very influenced by Denise Williams, Mary J. Blige and Gladys Knight. I wanted to create music that had meaning and inspired people.”

taty3.jpg

She has come a long way from our favorite after school T.V show and is not showing any signs of slowly down soon. “It’s amazing, you work so hard for so long and all of a sudden everything comes to you at the same time. It’s very exciting!”

lovethatgirl.jpg

New Sitcom Coming From Martin Lawrence Titled Love That Girl!

You can also watch a clip here!

http://www.mamimagazine.com/wordpress/?p=6262

• 3 months later...