JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

FAVORITE MICHEAL JACKSON SONGS / ALBUMS

I honestly came to into the world a little late to fully remember all the hype, if i remember i had the bad album but can't remember it all that well, I do have History Volume 1 and have always loved that. I went out amidst all the turmoil and bought Invincible because I still had Confidence in the fact he knew how to make great music, and I can say I was not disseminated. He's always been on my list of Artists to complete their collection but I always hoped it would be a bigger collection and who knows maybe it still will be. He's up there with artist like Chuck Berry, Sam Cooke, The Temptations, and JJFP of artists to complete. Only one more for JJFP, but that limited income concept never helps. The Downside of not already having the albums is that I don't have all the memories some of you guys have but i do have memories, The positive is that the longer it takes for me to get them is every once in a while i can get something that is new and fresh to me and create my own memories. That's the great thing about music people will continue to discover music. I've always wished I had some type of musical talent or could be involved in the process of music making in someway or another, even as a security guard in a music studio would be cool, if you guys ever have something i could do let me know.

Side note: I was going to order an early Temptations CD off of amazon and i figured i might as well pick up a MJ album. Any Suggestions? I was thinking Thriller but there seems to be a ton of different versions.

While it is not necessarily the right place to post it but one thing i love to do is write. I wrote this a long time ago and it seems fitting for this occasion and sums up what i feel about music.

Tell me why? What? Tell me what it is about music, blues, Rock n' Roll, Rap, Soul, Country and yes even polkas, it doesn't matter, just tell me what it is that makes me feel so damn good. What is it about that awesome riff that impels everyone in the room to pull out their air guitars and join in. What makes us go from tapping our feet to the beat to dancing foolishly around without a care in the world. Or how about when our arms throw their goosebumps in the air when that commanding voice touches our spirit and lifts it up into the clouds. What drives us to roll down the window of our car and crank up our radio because we feel compelled to share the music with the rest of the world, even in the dead of winter. i guess if i knew that i'd be a musician but until then I'll just listen and keep tapping along.

Edited by Big Ben