JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Al Green returns with new album

April 11, 2008 03:04 PM

By Tjames Madison

LiveDaily Contributor

R&B legend Al Green [ tickets ] has lined up a summer schedule ahead of his highly anticipated new studio album, a collaboration with ?uestlove of The Roots.

The veteran soul singer, who returned to R&B several years ago after only performing gospel music for decades, will next tackle an April 27 slot at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival before heading out for a few headlining dates in May.

Green's schedule begins to heat up with the arrival of summer. After kicking things off June 19 in Toronto, the performer will stay busy on the road through late September. All dates are shown below.

"Lay It Down," Green's first studio album since 2005's "Everything's OK," features co-production by Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson and keyboardist James Poyser. The set, which is due in stores May 27, also features guest shots from John Legend, Corinne Bailey Rae and Anthony Hamilton, among others.

"I've never heard anything quite like it, 'cause I've never had anybody produce me other than Willie Mitchell," Green told Billboard.com last summer. "And when you give these young kids a shot at it, it's interesting to see the art they make. It's beautiful."

?uestlove, the drummer forThe Roots, has produced several of the band's albums, including the forthcoming "Rising Down," which is due later this month. He's also produced for Common and D'Angelo.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/14013.html

check also this : http://youtube.com/watch?v=_TyvtHJVJBI

That sounds cool, my parents love Al Green, nothing like that classic soul