JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

B2K MEMBER ACCUSES MANAGER OF SEXUAL ABUSE

JumpinJack AJ

B2K Member Accuses Manager of Sexual Abuse

Posted Dec 26th 2007 4:30PM by Christina Lang

Filed under: R and B News

Ricardo "Ricky Romance" Thornton and his younger brother, former B2K member Raz-B (whose real name is De'Mario Monte Thornton), have accused producer and manager Chris Stokes of molesting them, intimating that other members of the R&B group, which disbanded in 2004, were victims as well. On December 24, videos were posted on YouTube in which Ricky Romance claims that he, his brother and possibly other members of B2K (Omarion, Lil' Fizz and J-Boog) were forced into inappropriate sexual relations with their manager, Chris Stokes, record label representatives and one another.

The homemade videos detail several conversations between Romace and the sister, mother and father of former Immature singer and fellow Stokes client Marques Houston, discussing the alleged sexual abuse. The video including Romance saying, "Chris [stokes] made me take showers with the other boys" and "[stokes] molested my brother, and he molested me." Romance also implicates Houston in the incidents.

In a phone call heard on one video, a man the accusing pair claim is Stokes says, "I don't do that anymore ... That was me years ago ... I just don't do that in my life anymore." However, in an official statement, Stokes denied the accusations, adding, "I have recently stopped financially supporting both individuals along with assisting them with their criminal and legal matters, which leads me to believe they are resentful and looking to benefit financially from this."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a money issue 2 me. If this were true, i think Chris Stokes would have already had problems. He's been producing and managing since 1990/1991. Why all of a sudden would something like this come out when the group broke up nearly 4 years ago and their initial problem waz with Stokes. Wouldn't they have tried 2 pin that on him back then...and used that as a reason 2 break up?!? And wouldn't the other members have said something by now. I mean, it's pretty clear that they aren't gonna be making any career comeback easily. It's not like all of a sudden they have nothing 2 loose. Bringing Marcus Houston in2 it is gonna make it twice as hard for them 2 proove this if isn't true. Both Chris and especially Marcus share their faith and drive to live right. Seems shady 2 me.

How quick this fell apart. Here's a new article. Why on earth would someone make a claim like this and then immediately back out of it. I think Raz-B is the one who quietly came out of the closet a year or 2 ago.

----------------------------------------------------------

B2K Manager: Sexual Abuse Claims are Crap

Posted Dec 24th 2007 2:18PM by TMZ Staff

Chris Stokes (center), who managed the band B2K before they broke up, is vehemently denying allegations he sexually abused former member Demario "Raz-B" Thorton (right) and his brother, Ricardo aka Ricky Romance (left).

The allegations, which surfaced on YouTube, include improper touching and outright molestation. Interestingly, both alleged victims can be heard generally accusing Stokes, but for the most part their statements lack specifics.

Stokes released this statement:

"The accusations that Demario "Raz B" Thorton and Ricardo Thorton have made are vehemently false and hold no merit. I have recently stopped financially supporting both individuals along with assisting them with their criminal and legal matters which leads me to believe they are resentful and looking to benefit financially from this."

The statement continues: "My family is my first priority and the reason why I have been so supportive of them. In bringing these false claims, they have not only slandered me, they have also put me in a position to ensure that the truth is known and I will take all legal routes to protect myself, my family and my four children ... It's also quite ironic that these statements were made only 2 weeks after they were denied admittance by a venue for an event I hosted in Beverly Hills."

------------------------------------------------------------

B2K Singer Recants Rape Allegations

Posted Dec 27th 2007 11:33AM by TMZ Staff

Last week, he said his former manager sexually abused him, but today, B2K's Demario "Raz B" Thorton is saying he made the whole thing up.

In a statement posted on YouTube, Thorton apologizes for the accusations he made about Chris Stokes, saying the allegations of improper touching and molestation were "not true."

UPDATE: In reponse to Thorton's new statement, Chris Stokes tells TMZ, "I'm happy that Demario "Raz B" Thorton and Ricardo Thorton realized their mistakes and admitted to lying. I have always supported my family and have always been a stand up person. I knew that the truth would eventually come to light."