JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nas, Common & Talib Kweli Remix "Hip Hops' Forver"

bart5

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.c...;songID=5029013

I made a remix (yes, I made the beat) using accappellas of Nas, Common and Talib Kweli called Hip Hops' Forever. Let me know what ya'll think.

*edit on the title: Hip Hops' Forever

Edited by bart5

i took a minute to listen and i have to say the beat is very niceee

the tempo's are just a little off, but props on the use of the cymbals during the verses to match the pace set by the vocals :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to listen and give me some feedback. Yeah, I know I need some work on the tempos of the vocals. Thanks again

i really enjoyed the beat, a nice layed back sound... what did you use to make it because it sounds professinal

Thanks for the compliment dude. I appreciate it a lot. I actually sampled to make that beat. I use a free program that I downloaded called Audacity, inorder to chop samples, and then I use FL Studio 6 to arrange and change them (pitch, length, ect.). I chopped the sounds up off a sample mix I downloaded, off of a producers forum. The sample mix included about 20-30 minutes of songs and music mixed together by someone for producers to sample. I uploaded the original sample that I cut out, just incase you want to hear what the original sample sounded like. I can't wait until I buy 2 vinyl turntables so I can dig in the crates for records to sample. Sampling is a lot of fun, its cool to take a sample and make it sound completely different.

link to DL the original sample that I used: http://download.yousendit.com/47F2BDF07AA7A6BC

Edited by bart5

i enjoy samples too, it can really make the sound different and better, but i have only used a couple "musical" samples to my memory, when i sample i usually take vocala of songs that the beat (or music) has dropped or hasnt started yet and take the vocal sample... but one of the vocal sample was actually stripped from the song so i got it made as an accapella when it really wasnt for my album

The beat is dope and it matches Common very well....nas and Talib Kweli are a lil of on this! But still it's a good job man!

Thanks for the feedback and checking out my remix, dude.