JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I guess this would constitute under "Anything Creative"

Big Ben

I doubt anyone here knows that I like to wright. I don't ever really try to be too deep, generally just writing fictional stories about random stuff, nor do I think I'm particularly good. But I figured since everyone seems to be wanting people to post more, this is all i really can think of posting. I wrote this pretty quickly for some friends a month or two ago when we were going through a tough time and a lot of people were down. I don't really like to see people down, so i generally get looks from people when i try to crack a joke or something to make people happy, I don't like to see people angry and crying so its the only thing i can think of doing to make people happy. Any way, I'm sure there are going to be a lot of mistakes in this, but i just don't want to change it from what i originally did, i never proofread it or anything but I figured if anyone is ever down or something just breaks your heart, I'd like to think that this little bit of writing might make you feel a bit better. No matter what just smile.

It’s common for most everyone, that when we leave the shelter of our childhood and enter into the uncontrollable and at times unhappy beginnings of adulthood, to view the world as a downward slope. What happened to the rainbows and gumdrops wonderland of yesteryears that we so fondly look back on?

As best as I can tell, it never existed. It was all just an illusion, and imaginary fantasyland created by the very people we are destined to become. We need to understand that life has and always will throw stumbling blocks in our way. It was our parent’s job to move aside those roadblocks and protect us from tripping. Whether it was excluding us from the “grown up” talks or telling us that we couldn’t do something, it was all to cover up the painful parts of our life and give us those moments we love to look back on.

Now our parents have stepped aside and let us charge forward to reach for our highest highs, but remember the lowest lows are always close behind. Our parents are no longer there to shelter us, so we must tread carefully and take everything in stride, but trust, we will fall. We’ll still shed blood, cry tears and feel that excruciatingly painful knot in our chest. We’ll choke, we’ll break, we’ll scar, and we’ll utterly fail. But we will all succeed, never forget that. We’ll laugh and smile, and jump for joy. When you’ve reached rock bottom, don’t forget you’re not the first to crash there, but remember you’re not alone. Look back at those happy times and trust that there’s more to come, so get back up and dust yourself off, and if by some chance you need help look around and grab the hand of the people who are still standing because they’ll need you when their time comes. Just remember our dreams will come true, and so will our nightmares, but our happy times will outweigh the sad ones for sure.