JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Museum of Moving Image Salutes Will Smith

Sandy

it airs Jan. 12, on Bravo

Will Smith Gives 100 Percent

Last night, Will Smith was toasted by the American Museum of the Moving Image. You’ll see the show on Bravo, but during the breaks the guests got in some good asides.

The main joke getter was Jamie Foxx, who started the show with comments you won’t hear on Bravo. "Will, I was in talking about you with Oprah, in bed," he said, "then I rolled over and said to Gayle. …"

That of course got loads of laughter from the audience, which included Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett Smith, their kids, plus Queen Latifah, Derek Luke, Bill Pullman, Eva Mendes, Terrence Howard and his 11-year-old son, Thandie Newton, Tamara Tunie, Cedric the Entertainer, Bridget Moynahan, Alfonso Ribeiro, Chevy Chase, Michael Mann, Pulitzer Prize-winning author John Guare and actress Stockard Channing.

A small part of the evening was devoted to plugging Will’s wonderful new movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness," based on the real-life story of Chicago millionaire Chris Gardner. He was there, too, sporting a black-velvet suit and looking like a million bucks. What a great story Gardner tells. Just wait till that movie opens, and everyone hears it. You can see him and Smith on their "Oprah" rerun on Dec. 15.

"Happyness" costars the Smiths’ 8-year-old son, Jaden, who is so smooth and professional it’s a little scary. When I asked him if he’d take care of his mom when he was a big movie star, so she wouldn’t have to work, Jaden replied: "Oh, she’ll have to work!"

Jada told me it’s been fun but not exactly easy to be a stage mom this year. "It’s tough work," she said. "But hopefully I’m going back to work this spring in a comedy." She’s also got Mike Binder’s new movie, "Reign Over Me," set for release in April. "There aren’t that many good roles out there," she told me.

The Smiths are a cool family and nice people. You want to cross your fingers that it’s all real and that it will last, but it sure looks like it will. Jada’s toast to Will brought tears to her eyes, and Will’s speech, with no TelePrompTer or cue cards, was all about doing 100 percent for his wife and kids. Nice, nice, nice.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,234107,00.html