JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Flavor's next show

Hymn Strings

I think Flavor Flav's next show should be something loosely scripted. I imagine something in digital and maybe from the perspective of a white family that lives next door. It should be called "Flav is My Neighbor." Flav should befriend some adolescent boy of the family, and they should chill and do wacky things together, like Flav throwing parties and such.

Any good ideas for Flav's next show? Does he deserve to have one at all? Is there already a FOL 3 planned? I'm not sure...start the rumors...

I pray to God that Flava don't do any more reality show, he needs to chill and do some more albums with PE, he's actually tainting PE's legacy by doing this 'cause a lot of people are tearing him down like a coon, it don't bother me personally 'cause it's entertainment but on the real if he keeps it up Chuck D might have a heart attack over this, Chuck's really is a strong man to put up with that 'cause if I were him I'd kicked him out the group, Flava needs to grow up, seeing him on these shows pains my heart too like hearing LL doing an album with 50 Cent 'cause of the fact of all the criticism that's being received, same sell out move really 'cause he's losing the integrity that PE worked hard to get, these guys worked too hard to just throw their credability away

Edited by bigted

What is that from Turntable? Or did you make that up? (just givin' u the benefit of the doubt)

Well, you know New York is suppose to get her own show. So he'll make a cameo appearance? I don't know. I saw Flav on a "In Living Color" show bein a hype man for Heavy D. I really don't think Flav needs to do anymore TV--well "reality tv". With where Hip Hop and the world is possible going, PE could speak out to extremes again. I was too young to feel or understand that movement. They could be part of the "Final-You Can't Ignore It-Stand against bad hip hop music"

Ice Cube said that on the "N*** Trapp", obviously he don't respect Flava much anymore either, he used to roll with PE back in the days too, PE has lost credability, but I'll always respect Chuck D no matter what, he's my man, he answers my emails

Ice Cube said that on the "N*** Trapp", obviously he don't respect Flava much anymore either, he used to roll with PE back in the days too, PE has lost credability, but I'll always respect Chuck D no matter what, he's my man, he answers my emails

Really? I guess that's what I get for not playin the album enough. How often do you get at Chuck D Ted? Considerin' he's probably mad busy.

Really? I guess that's what I get for not playin the album enough. How often do you get at Chuck D Ted? Considerin' he's probably mad busy.

Well Chuck onlyanswered me back a couple times but he seems to be a humble dude, really PE could never lose credability either, they're just too great, but if Flava keeps doing these reality shows he should keep himself distant from PE 'cause that wouldn't be something that'd really give them any credability, btw the funny thing about Ice Cubeis on one song he says on "Growin' Up", they wanna say f me, well f u 'cause I'm down with Chuck D, really though Chuck D handling Flava Flav sorta reminds me of how Michael Jordan was able to handle Dennis Rodman's antics, that really takes a lot of heart and courage, I actually email Chuck D what his thoughts were about Ice Cube's comments but he never got back to me

Edited by bigted

Ice Cube is one of those artists that will say something with thought, and then you can listen to it, and analyze in an even deeper, truer thought. No doubt PE is the same, as well as some other artists. btw, what Ice Cube said on "N.... Trapp" could be taken out of context. I really don't Ice Cube was takin a "negative" shot at Flav.

The "N Trapp" is probably one of my favorite songs on the album, when you listen to the whole song and the intention of that particular verse really you see it's more of a reference than a diss, he's basically saying that "even though you hitting on white girls on reality shows brotha you still gotta watch your back, black," if you just look at those lines only though you might think it's a diss, sorta like how a snippet from an interview could be taken out of hand, I really like that Ice Cube album like I said earlier, one of my favorites of the year, he should collab with PE again, btw when I listen to Game's album I see on "Remedy" that he's using the same Issac Hayes sample as PE used on "Black Steel In A Hour Of Chaos"

Edited by bigted

Yeah everybody thought Ice Cube was too Hollywood and forgot about his street roots but he silenced all the critics with "Laugh Now, Cry Later", I think Flava Flav could get back as the greatest hypeman of the legendary PE too, they're doing some shows here in the US this month, most on the midwest and west coast, I emailed Chuck the other day and told him that PE gotta come on the east coast 'cause I wanna see them, I got DVDs of their performances and it's so damn live, and they got a new record coming out next year to celebrate their 20th anniversary, it'll be their 10th release too, now I know we all here want another great group to do the same thing, a tour from them would be nice too, lol

Edited by bigted

• 2 months later...

I don't know. Flavor Flav is "the joker" of PE. It's his kinda thing 2 be out there doing crazy stuff like reality. I don't have a serious problem with his shows. They are mad hilarious 2 me and he does share some respectable moment with the audience here and there. And it has drawn a lil' more attention 2 PE's music. I just can't be mad at what he's doing.