JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album Cover For LL's "Todd Smith 2: Return To Cool" Album

bigted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Smith_Pt.2:_Back_to_Cool

post-75-1164424104_thumb.jpg

Todd Smith Pt. 2: Back to Cool is the sequel to the 2006 album Todd Smith by LL Cool J and will be the final album on LL Cool J's record deal with Def Jam Records, a deal that has lasted for more than twenty years. This album will also be the first LL Cool J album since G.O.A.T. to contain the parental advistory sticker.

It will be executive produced by fellow Queens rapper 50 Cent. [1] The song "Bump This" with 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks & Young Hot Rod is expected to appear on this album."Bump This" has already been leaked.

Confirmed Tracks

"Bump This" (featuring 50 Cent, Young Hot Rod & Lloyd Banks)

"A Place Called New York" (featuring Kool G Rap) (Produced by DJ Premier)

"Still Doin' It" (Produced by Just Blaze)

"She Was Raised In Brooklyn" (Produced by Buckwild)

"Queens" (featuring will.i.am)

"The Fame" (featuring Big Daddy Kane, Eminem, Raekwon, Andre 3000 & Dr. Dre)

"G's" (Featuring G-unit & Lil Scrappy) (Produced by 50 cent)

Edited by bigted

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eminem doesn't deserve to be on the same song with LL, Dr. Dre, Andre 3000, and Big Daddy Kane :bat: :damnlorettas: It seems like the whole rap industry's gonna be on this album, I was sorta figuring that too since the whole r&b industry was on his last album it feels, lol

Man, this sucks. I'm really upset that LL is working with scum like G-Unit and Lil' Scrappy. This is just embarassing. Props for getting Big Daddy Kane, DJ Premier and Will.I.Am on the album, but i'm just feeling really bad about this whole thing. "Bump This" is a pretty crappy track. The beat isn't bad, it's just insanely unimaginative and common. And Lloyd Banks and Hot Rod suck. I'm also kinda upset that the album is getting an explict lyrics sticker. Would he be getting that if he wazn't working with some of the losers that he is? For his last few albums, he waz giving praise 2 God and saying how his choice 2 not cuss waz gonna hurt his sales, but that he didn't care. I'm wondering if this'll be kinda like Run-DMC's "Crown Royal" where they didn't really cuss, but some of the guests did, getting them a sticker. I guess in this crappy time for Hip-Hop in the mainstream, we should just be happy he's coming out with something. After all, he's just trying 2 get off the record label formally known as Def Jam.

They didn't even do a photo shoot for the album. That cover pic waz from the last albulm's photo shoot. I have a feeling this will be a forgetable step stool 2 his next album that should be dope.

This isn't LL's first album with a PA sticker though and basically everybody except FP and Kel Spencer releases albums with PA stickers on them, even so called "positive" rappers like Common and Lupe have PA stickers on their albums so who really cares if LL's album has a PA sticker, if it's gonna make him a lil' bit more aggressive on this album then so be it, that way it'll shut up some of these ignorant rap fans that say LL got soft on his last few albums, this needs to be an aggressive album like his "G.O.A.T." record was, a lot of critics and fans have been criticising LL lately, his last album was the lowest selling album of his career, all of his albums went platinum except this one so really LL's feeling the pressure now, this should put him on his toes a lil' bit more, he could do a "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "14 Shots..." album where he doesn't cuss but it's still aggressive of course, there was some people on the "G.O.A.T." album that didn't deserve to be there like Amil and Jayo Felony but it didn't ruin the album 'cause LL was too strong to let that happen, the main thing is that LL spits some hard rhymes on this album.... If DMX and Snoop was on LL's album and cursed a lot like on the GOAT album I'm sure you wouldn't care right but since it's G-Unit you consider it blasphamy or something? Regardless of who's on it or not, he needs to come correct and shock mcs again, I wouldn't mind if he gets FP on there too even and if 50's rapping in between the song I'll just mute his verse if it sucks, lol LL was a lil' bit too relaxed on his last few so I don't care if he curses to get that emotion out, the last few albums had some dope songs but he was a bit too relaxed, it's time that he burns some mcs again, hopefully he comes with some really strong verses that make G-Unit look like preschoolers and have to step their game up to be on the track with him, btw that cover is wack, it's the same as the back of "Todd Smith", they should at least do a new album cover, he should maybe keep his shirt on too, really he gotta slow down that ladies loving image for one album and do something more aggressive, maybe if 50 steps up his game to how he was rapping on those mixtapes before Eminem signed him then he'll actually be tolerable, Eminem needs to step his game up too to rap with the GOAT.... And well it says on that site he's going to Columbia after he leaves Def Jam so I don't know if it's gonna really be better for him doing that...

Edited by bigted

I dunno about you guys but apart from the G-Unit affiliated tracks...this looks kinda hot!

Yeah who would've thought that LL'd be doing songs with Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Dr. Dre, Raekwon, and Andre 3000? That's a dope lineup that'll make me forgive him for working with G-Unit like I forgave FP for working with Lil' Kim since he had all those other dope collabs on "Willenium", this looks like LL's "Willenium", dope production from DJ Premiere and Just Blaze, maybe Jazzy might submit a beat too, I'm pretty damn excited if you ask me

Edited by bigted

I don't care what who's repuatation is, I liked "Bump This" so If the tracks are going to be like that i'm going to buy it, I'm sorry ya'll but that's how I feel, plus Just Blaze is a great producer....I'm not looking forward to listening to "G's" but that's life...:lolsign:

There's gonna be a lot of hot tracks on this album the way it's looking, it'd be hot if Will.I.Am and Dr. Dre produced on those tracks they were featured, who cares if G-Unot is on a couple tracks, I'll just skip 'em after I hear LL's verse and enjoy the rest of the album, "Bump This" is really a club banger, it should get some kids to buy the album and introduce them to some quality hip-hop, they'll finally learn who Big Daddy Kane is so I can't complain, the sad truth is that not a lot of people will buy the album if it was only LL and ol' school rappers so he has to mix in some current rappers to get people interested in it, he maybe trying to get 50 to squash beef, it'd be nice to see collabs with Nas, Fat Joe, Ja Rule, and Game on here too, maybe they could just do a concert together and squash the beef, maybe LL should get together with Hammer, Kool Moe Dee, Canibus, and Ice-T as well, make another "I Shot Ya" type track for the '07, EDIT: I notice that there's a special on LL Cool J on A&E that just ended a few minutes, 50 seems to really show a lot of respect for LL, he talks about how there's no rapper out there that's gonna match LL's career, I think it's a thing where 50 wants to work with LL more than LL wants to work with 50, there's respect there, LL mentioned in a small segment about how he admires FP having success in the rap industry and movie industry, it was kinda funny how Magic Johnson was on there talking about how he wish he was in shape as much as LL is, lol, and then later on LL went on to talk about how he wants rappers to work with each other and make timeless music instead of tearing each other down, I think that's what he wants to do on this "Todd Smith 2" record, so I'm excited about that, I think it could be something that brings hip-hop back in the right direction

Edited by bigted

This isn't LL's first album with a PA sticker though and basically everybody except FP and Kel Spencer releases albums with PA stickers on them, even so called "positive" rappers like Common and Lupe have PA stickers on their albums so who really cares if LL's album has a PA sticker, if it's gonna make him a lil' bit more aggressive on this album then so be it, that way it'll shut up some of these ignorant rap fans that say LL got soft on his last few albums, this needs to be an aggressive album like his "G.O.A.T." record was, a lot of critics and fans have been criticising LL lately, his last album was the lowest selling album of his career, all of his albums went platinum except this one so really LL's feeling the pressure now, this should put him on his toes a lil' bit more, he could do a "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "14 Shots..." album where he doesn't cuss but it's still aggressive of course, there was some people on the "G.O.A.T." album that didn't deserve to be there like Amil and Jayo Felony but it didn't ruin the album 'cause LL was too strong to let that happen, the main thing is that LL spits some hard rhymes on this album.... If DMX and Snoop was on LL's album and cursed a lot like on the GOAT album I'm sure you wouldn't care right but since it's G-Unit you consider it blasphamy or something? Regardless of who's on it or not, he needs to come correct and shock mcs again, I wouldn't mind if he gets FP on there too even and if 50's rapping in between the song I'll just mute his verse if it sucks, lol LL was a lil' bit too relaxed on his last few so I don't care if he curses to get that emotion out, the last few albums had some dope songs but he was a bit too relaxed, it's time that he burns some mcs again, hopefully he comes with some really strong verses that make G-Unit look like preschoolers and have to step their game up to be on the track with him, btw that cover is wack, it's the same as the back of "Todd Smith", they should at least do a new album cover, he should maybe keep his shirt on too, really he gotta slow down that ladies loving image for one album and do something more aggressive, maybe if 50 steps up his game to how he was rapping on those mixtapes before Eminem signed him then he'll actually be tolerable, Eminem needs to step his game up too to rap with the GOAT.... And well it says on that site he's going to Columbia after he leaves Def Jam so I don't know if it's gonna really be better for him doing that...

I know he use to rap with PA's. I've got them, but he said he was done with that. You mention Kel Spencer, but Kel Spencer can spit some of the hardest verses without one curse. Yes, the G-Unit camp really is THAT bad to me. I hate the idea of giving them any money for their wack elementary school rhymes. I love the fact that there will be songs (but just 2) with Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, and 3000- and I'll prove that with a couple iTunes downloads.

I'm not afraid of change. What I don't like is great rappers like LL playing with crap rappers like 50 Cent just to ball higher on the sales charts. Unless of course LL really thinks 50 displays some worthy skills... God help us all.

God Blessa!

I know he use to rap with PA's. I've got them, but he said he was done with that. You mention Kel Spencer, but Kel Spencer can spit some of the hardest verses without one curse. Yes, the G-Unit camp really is THAT bad to me. I hate the idea of giving them any money for their wack elementary school rhymes. I love the fact that there will be songs (but just 2) with Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, and 3000- and I'll prove that with a couple iTunes downloads.

I'm not afraid of change. What I don't like is great rappers like LL playing with crap rappers like 50 Cent just to ball higher on the sales charts. Unless of course LL really thinks 50 displays some worthy skills... God help us all.

God Blessa!

Heavy D and Rakim also come to mind with mcs making great rhymes without having a PA sticker, Hammer's more of an entertainer than a lyricist on his albums without a PA sticker, he's probably another rapper that sold millions without PA stickers on his album, it ain't necessary to curse to be a great mc, it's really about skills, now listen to one of 50's early mixtapes and tell me that he don't have skills, maybe not on Rakim level but really few do have that ability, 50 could be good at times, I don't even know if I'd put Kel on Rakim's level respectfully speaking...

Edited by bigted

God Blessa!

Heavy D and Rakim also come to mind with mcs making great rhymes without having a PA sticker, it ain't necessary to curse to be a great mc, it's really about skills, now listen to one of 50's early mixtapes and tell me that he don't have skills, maybe not on Rakim level but really few do have that ability, 50 could be good at times, I don't even know if I'd put Kel on Rakim's level respectfully speaking...

I only named Kel because you did. Lyrically, I'd probably put Rakim above everyone mentioned in this thread.

I've heard some of 50's early stuff and I'm still not seeing what makes him so great. Even his cancelled album stuff (just check the video, he's got like 40 idiots in the background looking like idiots for the camera).

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger