JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Pursuit Box Office Predictions!

Hero1

• Admin

This is really difficult. A movie like Pursuit of Happyness you wouldn't expect to be huge at the box office, but you can never discount Will. Who would have thought a romantic comedy like Hitch would make 180 million?

Will's last serious movie was Ali opened with 14.7 million and finished with 58 million.

What do you predict for pursuit of happyness..opening weekend and total for the US.

Well I actually don't feel like this movie is going to make more then 30 on its first week , I think it'll be around 24 the first week at max. and it'll prolly end around the 70 million. I don't know why, but drama's just don't work well at the box-office.

The majority of people who go to the cinemas go to be entertained, so hence that's why hitch did well. It was a feel-good movie and it was entertaining. Plus the fact that is was a romantic comedy being released on valentine's day, that's gold.

I hope it will do very well, but history and statistics tell us that

drama movies tend to not do so well at the box-office.

Well I actually don't feel like this movie is going to make more then 30 on its first week , I think it'll be around 24 the first week at max. and it'll prolly end around the 70 million. I don't know why, but drama's just don't work well at the box-office.

The majority of people who go to the cinemas go to be entertained, so hence that's why hitch did well. It was a feel-good movie and it was entertaining. Plus the fact that is was a romantic comedy being released on valentine's day, that's gold.

In the United States, dramas around Christmas time are gold. It really all depends on the sort of buzz the movie gets before its release. As of now, I haven't heard or read a single bad review of this movie, so there's a good chance that it's the movie of the holidays. I know everyone who saw Oprah will go see it. 75% of the women in the crowd had their hands up when they were asked whether they cried. I say about 85 million.

In the United States, dramas around Christmas time are gold. It really all depends on the sort of buzz the movie gets before its release. As of now, I haven't heard or read a single bad review of this movie, so there's a good chance that it's the movie of the holidays. I know everyone who saw Oprah will go see it. 75% of the women in the crowd had their hands up when they were asked whether they cried. I say about 85 million.

I hope you're right

"Ali" only grossed 57 million total? Is that Will's lowest grossing movie? I had no idea it was that low of a total, that was released around Christmas too, but hey who really cares about how much it gross, if it gets Will another Oscar nod and it's a quality film then I'll take that over 200 million at the boxoffice anytime, that's like I'd rather see Will get 5 mic ratings for his albums rather than sell 10 million, credability is much better at the end of the day

It might do a lil' bit better than "Ali", probably $30 million first week, $80 million total

Dreamgirls release date is the same than POH??

Unfortunately, yes.

Eragon, Dreamgirls and Charlotte's web have the same release date as POH, december 15.

That is going to be a mega blow on the box-office success of POH.

Eragon is probably going to dominate the box-office, I don't think many people will want to watch

dreamgirls or charlotte's web, so will smith's POH will probably be number 2.

Release dates for

Dreamgirls (2006)

Country Date

USA 15 December 2006 (Los Angeles, California)

USA 15 December 2006 (New York City, New York)

USA 25 December 2006

Dreamgirls doesn't open everywhere until Christmas day, Dec. 25...from the 15-24 they're doing some type of roadshow screenings in NY, LA, and San Francisco for $25 bucks a ticket